Menu
Is BBC unpatriotic?
Dec 2, 2010 01:47
  • KEVIN0518
England is trying to bid form 2018 World Cup. At this crucial moment, BBC plans to air a TV documentary to investigate allegations corruption within FIFA. Previously, BBC reported some FIFA officials tried to sell their votes on 2018 World Cup.

Even David Cameron, the Prime Minister of GB, is frustrated about this TV programme. He didn’t think it was good to air this TV programme before FIFA decides who will host 2018 World Cup.

England 2018 chief executive Andy Anson has publicly accused the BBC of being "unpatriotic" in its scheduling of the programme.

Do you think BBC is "unpatriotic"?
Last edited by KEVIN0518: Dec 2, 2010 01:47
Dec 2, 2010 03:38
  • BBQQ
The media has their freedom to report the truth. It is possible that BBC helps England to win the bidding for 2018 World Cup. The FIFA is in trouble. If FIFA refuses to let England win, somebody will say "FIFA takes revenge on England". If England wins finally, other countries may say "FIFA helps England".

Anyway, the result will be known to us tonight. Let's see if England can be the winner.
Dec 4, 2010 00:36
  • ATTA_BUTT
England loss bid to get 2018 World Cup, then what will happen. Officials not happy.
Dec 4, 2010 21:08
  • KEVIN0518
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATTA_BUTT

England loss bid to get 2018 World Cup, then what will happen. Officials not happy.

It is true. England just got 2 votes and was kicked off in the first round. The FIFA obviously was unhappy with England. But I can not understand why FIFA still allowed the three offcials who were involved in the corruption to vote.

After England failed, some people criticized BBC for filming that documentary. But the mayor of London said it was not BBC's fault. As a media, it has the responsibility to report the truth. It is their freedom.
Dec 7, 2010 01:14
  • CHARLOTT
Obviously FIFA just took revenge on England for reporting its scandal. The FIFA should investigate on these three reported officials and let the world know the truth. I feel pity for England.
Dec 13, 2010 02:41
GUESTSTEVEN
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHARLOTT

Obviously FIFA just took revenge on England for reporting its scandal. The FIFA should investigate on these three reported officials and let the world know the truth. I feel pity for England.

I feel pity for FIFA. There might be more inside secrets.....
Dec 13, 2010 21:53
  • JIMMYB
FIFA, China Football Association.... Corruption is everywhere. The US even lost to Qatar, a small country in Asia.

"Impossible is nothing". Enjoy being amused by FIFA.
Post a Reply to: Is BBC unpatriotic?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code