Menu
Help! How to make delicious steamed egg?
Dec 7, 2010 02:15
  • CHARLOTT
Do you have any recipe for cooking steamed egg? I ate it with my friends in a restaurant. The cook added some clams inside and it tasted very good. Then I tried to make it by myself but failed.

Dec 7, 2010 02:58
  • HERBEAT
When I cook it, I normally stir the egg together with some milk. Then when you steam it, try to put another plate onto the bowl. Try it and let me know whether you get it better:-)
Dec 7, 2010 22:14
  • CHARLOTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by HERBEAT

When I cook it, I normally stir the egg together with some milk. Then when you steam it, try to put another plate onto the bowl. Try it and let me know whether you get it better:-)

Herbeat, what kind of milk do you add? condensed milk? Thanks for sharing your tip.
Dec 8, 2010 00:14
  • HERBEAT
Just fresh milk Charlott, that would make the egg much tender and more smooth. And you are welcome. I'm not a chef but I'm interested in cooking:-)
Dec 9, 2010 02:01
  • CHARLOTT
Quote:

Just fresh milk Charlott, that would make the egg much tender and more smooth. And you are welcome. I'm not a chef but I'm interested in cooking:-)

I tried to make steamed egg as you suggested and it tasted very good, Herbeat. Thanks again.
Dec 9, 2010 03:29
  • HERBEAT
You are more than welcome Charlott. I'm happy that it tastes good:-)
Dec 11, 2010 21:01
  • CHARLOTT
Quote:

You are more than welcome Charlott. I'm happy that it tastes good:-)

Well, I just want to express gratitude to you. Do you love cooking, Herbeat? I can not cook delicious food but I love cooking food on my own. It is hygienic and I can flavor the dishes according to my taste.
Dec 13, 2010 20:02
  • HERBEAT
Well, as long as I have time and the chance, I would cook. I'm a nutritionist so know the best food for myself. And to be honest you'll never know what they put into your soup and dishes if you eat out. You could get the good flavor but here in China, I'd guess it's probably because of some powder chemical stuff.

I don't think I can say I'm good at cooking at all since I'm just rubbish at cutting things. But I could cook some nutritious food, that's for sure:-)
Dec 13, 2010 20:44
  • CHARLOTT
You are a nutritionist as well as a tour guide? It's cool. I have just started cooking for several months. At the beginning, I was very excited and happy to cook dishes. Now my excitement is gradually disappearing. I just prepare dinner after work on weekdays. When I prepare dinner for us, I always cook more dishes because I take the left dishes as my lunch next day.

The company where I work does not have a cafeteria so we need to deal with our lunch by ourselves. I do not like eating in the restaurants because it is not hygienic and the dishes are usually expensive. So I prepare my lunch in advance.
Dec 16, 2010 03:11
  • ICEBERG
Nice. My mom cooked this when I was in middle school. She just added some salt and steamed. I miss it very much...
Dec 20, 2010 02:18
  • HERBEAT
Hmm... I suggest you to prepare the lunch in the morning. If you make it in the previous night, you might get more nitrite, especially when it's some vegetables... Better to take care of the health better...
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Help! How to make delicious steamed egg?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code