Menu
How to become a full chinese citizen
Dec 18, 2010 21:39
Hi, my name is Michael Paul Pearce, but soon to be Michael Paul Li. I am moving to changsha, hunan, china to live with my fiance, Beilei Li. I am planning on moving this coming May 28th of 2011. I would like to know: how do I become a chinese citizen when I arrive?

Last edited by MICHAELLI2010: Dec 18, 2010 21:43
Dec 18, 2010 22:00
GUEST8411 To become a citizen of PRC. You need to give up your current citizenhood first. China doesn't adimit duel citizenship.
Dec 18, 2010 22:20
Shi shi. Believe me, I AM giving up my current citizenship here as soon as I buy my ticket. Being here is a total death wish for me . But I AM GOING TO give up my U.S. Citizenship...Permanately.

again, Shi Shi.

Michael Li
Dec 18, 2010 23:58
GUEST3198
Quote:

Originally Posted by MICHAELLI2010

Shi shi. Believe me, I AM giving up my current citizenship here as soon as I buy my ticket. Being here is a total death wish for me . But I AM GOING TO give up my U.S. Citizenship...Permanately.

again, Shi Shi.

Michael Li

My suggestion is: please consult with some "experts" learn about the whole process of beoming a full Chinese citizen. Then you can drop your current citizenship.

Do not be too hurry. Here is a Chinese saying- "心急吃不了热豆腐(Haste makes waste)"
Dec 19, 2010 00:01
GUEST3198 PS: As far as I know, it is very difficult to become a permanent Chinese citizen for a foreigner. You have to meet many requirements.
Dec 19, 2010 22:12
GUEST3889 Michael,

You'd better ask your girlfriend to consult with local the exit and entry department(county/city level). And you can also call Chinese embassy or consulate to learn about it too.
Dec 19, 2010 22:19
  • JIMMYB
Michael,

This is what I found on this website:

Is it easy to apply for a Chinese citizenship?

Answer: To be honest, it is quite hard to apply for a Chinese citizenship. However, if you want to stay in China for a long time, you can try to apply for an Aliens' Permanent Residence in China. As for the details, please refer to the official website: http://www.chinaembassy-fi.org/eng/lsfw/t415689.htm

You may read [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/essential/dual-nationality.htm]Dual Nationality[/tcgurl] to see if you can get some info.
Dec 20, 2010 03:32
  • GAFFER
My understanding is that it is virtually impossible for a foreigner to become a Chinese citizen. It is challenging even to become a permanent resident which you must be before being considerd for citizenship, unless you have invested a small fortune (US$500,000 - US$2,000,000)in a successful business (3 years), or have made an outstanding contribution to China in other ways. The nearest you will get is to marry your fiancée and renew your visa every year.
Dec 21, 2010 16:00
  • APAULT
Yes, few people could become a Ch citizen: if you are ethnic Chinese there is perhaps a small possibility.
Dec 24, 2010 02:02
Shi Shi. I will do what I can and I'll talk to my fiance and see what she can do in Changsha, hunan. I think I got that right. But I will see what me and her can do. Plus, I do not want to break my promise I made to her either. That's one of the reasons why I want to move.

But, Shi Shi.
Michael
Dec 24, 2010 03:16
  • JOHNNASH
It's true that it is impossible for you to become Chinese citizen even though you give up your US nationality and married a Chinese girl. It is also very very difficult to apply for [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/refusal.htm]China Permanent Residence[/tcgurl]

My advise is remain your US nationality, after marriage, you can apply for a long-term [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/tourist.htm]Chinese Tourist Visa[/tcgurl] for family visit or apply for 1 year residence permit at the Changsha Exit & Enter Department. You can renew the residence permit annually.
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to become a full chinese citizen
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code