Menu
Climate of Hainan Island
Jan 2, 2011 21:19
guest09227 I am interested in Hainan Island, China because of it's designation as a tourist resort destination and because it is promoted as the "Hawaii of Asia".

I live in Hawaii and I was hoping I could transfer my Hawaii experiences to benefit Hainan Island.

I have been watching the weather of Hainan Island. (Haikou and Sanya)

The climate does not seem so desirable, hotter highs & cooler lows. What is your experiences, it the climate so perfect?

dan
Jan 3, 2011 00:11
  • BBQQ
Hey Dan,

My sister just went to Hainan during the Christmas Holiday. She said that the temperature was ok during winter.

Take [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/climate/haikou.htm]Haikou Weather[/tcgurl] and [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/climate/sanya.htm]Sanya Weather[/tcgurl] for reference.
Jan 4, 2011 04:33
  • XIAOGUI
Believe me...after being to Hawaii twice and having lived on Hainan Island for over 5 years.I can definately tell you HAINAN IS NOT THE HAWAII OF CHINA!It's ok for a tropical destination for mainland Chinese and Russians but compared to other tourist places, you can find alot better and not that far away.I think if you visit here you will be greatly disappointed. Oh..why have I been here for over 5 years if it's not that nice? Because I made the mistakeof buying property here that I can't give away if I wanted to!
Jan 4, 2011 04:39
  • XIAOGUI
And as far as climate, here is the weather for Haikou for about 4-5 months of the year

http://www.bing.com/weather/today?q=+weather&unit=C&setmkt=en-CA&setlang=SET_NULL
Jan 4, 2011 05:13
GUEST09227 Aloha Xiaogui, Thank you for the weather information. Please contact me at hotmail.com|D_L_D. I am a property investor, I became interested in Hainan Island because China is promoting it as a tourist destination, but I discovered, when visiting Shanghai last year, that property is very overpriced in China, at least Shanghai.

You sound like a honest and experienced citizen of Haikou. I would like to know you.

Dan D
Jan 4, 2011 23:02
  • XIAOGUI
All I can tell you about property values here is...any money that was to be made has been made..things have levelled off and the market would certainly crash if they go much higher.There is a dangerous amount of speculation in the prperty market everywhere in China. And values are equal to or exceeding the U.S. It would be cheaper and much likely more profitable to purchase something on the north-shore of Oahu than here!I've been looking into south America myself.

P.S. Being in the construction industry..I can tell you building standards here are very bad and construction methods are very hap-hazard...i.e. regulations /codes virtually non-existant
...you have farmers (so called trades people) with little or no training building sky scrapers..it's scarey!
Jan 4, 2011 23:07
  • XIAOGUI
Stories like this for example http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/5685963/Nine-held-over-Shanghai-building-collapse.html
Jan 4, 2011 23:31
GUEST09227 I have done real estate construction and investing, in a small way, all my life. I have to agree with everything you wrote. I spent a month in Shanghai in June/July of 2010. The property seemed just as expensive as property in Honolulu, and the quality did not seem as good, which is saying something because Honolulu standards are far below those of the mainland USA.

I was shocked. Something has to happen in China, some very rich people, but many, many very poor people, badly abused poor people too. China certainly is far from a "Workers Paradise" , unless we compare it to the Mao era.

Good luck to you. I do hope to visit Hainan Island in the near future. I hope we are able to meet.

Dan
Post a Reply to: Climate of Hainan Island
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code