Menu
How to export HARLEY-DAVIDSON motorcycles to China?
Oct 17, 2012 17:02
GUESTDAVID S... I lived in China for years and knew the people who opened the Harley dealership in Beijing. From what I've read, inn all of 2011, Harley sold less than 300 bikes in all of China.

Importing your own will be an insanely expensive process, if you ever get it through customs. Forget it. And the dealer won't tell you how to do it because the last thing they want is to have used HD's running around when they can't even sell new ones. And as for parts? Forget that too.

If you are over there, see how many of your friends are importing their cars from other countries. Answer: zero.

You ain't in Kansas anymore, Toto!

Oct 17, 2012 17:05
GUEST19940
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST44231 View Post

As I will be moving to China mid Jan 2013, I am looking to get a bike over there. I am in Australia so no use sending mine in China from here. Best bet is for me to import one from the US to China. I do have the contacts for shipping to Fuzhou, where I will be living. I'm lucky I have the contacts there through my chinese wife. Local laws for Harl...

Unlike other people who have posted here, you have the connections to pull this off, as long her uncle can connect to the customs bureau. But you are facing a nightmare if something goes wrong on that bike unless you are a master mechanic in your own right and have a room full of spare parts.
Oct 23, 2012 04:58
GUEST17115
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST44231 View Post

As I will be moving to China mid Jan 2013, I am looking to get a bike over there. I am in Australia so no use sending mine in China from here. Best bet is for me to import one from the US to China. I do have the contacts for shipping to Fuzhou, where I will be living. I'm lucky I have the contacts there through my chinese wife. Local laws for Harl...

I'm the original poster.
Finding a used, reconditioned large bike in excellent condition in the USA is not a problem at all - we put them together and sell them. We just wanted to explore new possibilities.
If you can successfully navigate through all the paperwork, customs, permits, etc. do you think we can have a joint venture here?
Nov 22, 2012 20:20
GUEST21240 You cannot import any used motorcycle into China, under any circumstances, except if:

1) You are a diplomat and the vehicle will be carrying a diplomatic plate; or,
2) You are a long-term professional. working in China with extended visas (the process is quite complicated).

In both of those cases, the vehicle must be taken out of the country with you, when you leave. There are no exceptions (well, not entirely true - one diplomat can sell to another diplomat).

Otherwise, used motorcycles are categorized as "forbidden" by China Customs.
Feb 15, 2013 02:11
GUEST11927 Good luck with getting a bike into China. Not likely to happen. However, if you open a business here (not just any business) you can import one vehicle per family without paying inport duty which is high. You might consider buying a used bike from some expat being transferred. Will likely come with plates.

Xiamen also has no bikes downtown. Many cities have that law. Bikers in Beijing and Shanghai get around that rule with govt sanctioned rides. Not ideal but at least you can ride on occasion.
May 28, 2013 10:07
GUEST33228 i'm starting up a new biz importing used Harley in Malaysia. try to get as much source i can, to keep a steady stock. anyone that selling used Harley or know anyone that does, please do contact me: gmail.com|wlooi78 (Steven)
Aug 19, 2013 17:05
GUEST19202 If anyone on here still needs help with shipping a motorcycle, be it domestic or international, I can help! Contact me at : aerostarglobal.com|a.hartman
Sep 11, 2013 08:02
GUEST14776 I am a wholesale dealer, looking to sell full shipping containers of Harley-Davidson motorcycles overseas. Anyone interested, contact gmail.com|golanbenishay.
May 7, 2014 10:40
GUEST22638 To: GUEST44231

Can you contact me? I would like to discuss more about export HD or Motorcycle bike to China. I am Taiwanese and working with US bike shop. My boss is very interesting to open China market.
e-mail: 800390bike.com|beancounter
Jul 31, 2014 21:25
GUEST26232 contact me at gmail.com|jeffhalverson80
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to export HARLEY-DAVIDSON motorcycles to China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code