Menu
Should the fireworks be banned?
Feb 13, 2011 02:25
  • JIMMYB
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 18 vote(s)
  2. 58 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
On the New Year’s Eve, the Dynasty Wanxin Hotel in Shenyang was on fire. Luckily, all the 50 people inside the hotel were evacuated and no casualties were found. According to the police, the fire was probably triggered by the fireworks.

Setting off the fireworks during the festivals (especially during the Spring Festival) is one of the oldest traditions that have been observed by Chinese people for hundreds of years. But can we ban the fireworks considering of the safety?

Feb 13, 2011 03:20
  • BBQQ
Banning fireworks is not a good decision. Take Beijing for example. Beijing had prohibited fireworks for 13 years (from 1993 to 2006). Then the regulation was abolished in 2006.

The Spring Festival is the most important festival. It will be boring if people can not set off fireworks during the festival.

Like Jimmyb said, improving people’s safety awareness is the key.
Feb 18, 2011 09:47
  • ATTA_BUTT
My vote is also in No, because improving people’s safety awareness is the key.
Feb 18, 2011 21:08
  • LARRYBOY
I agree with Attabutt,, fireworks have been a cultural tradition over the centuries in China..why stop now because of a few accidents. I vote no also. Sometimes accidents happen no matter what the situation may be,,, so if we ban fireworks because of safety issues then cars trains airplanes and everything else that we encounter in life should be banned also. banning fireworks will not change all the other dangers in life. Accidents happen.
Feb 21, 2011 03:52
GUEST6517 There are a lot of Chinese people who do not dare to die. You know what? There is a petrol station not far from my apartment. I saw some "brave" Chinese people setting off fireworks beside the petrol station. What if the petrol station explodes? They didn't care about it. Setting off the fireworks and having much fun was what they cared about.
Feb 21, 2011 06:15
  • LOKI
Fireworks in China came first!!!.....Move the petrol station.
Feb 22, 2011 07:56
  • DODGER
A man is now in prison, and will be for the rest of his life; he was held responsible for the burning down of the new CCTV building a couple of years ago; but somebody needed to pay.

I watched people set off fireworks during the festivities.
Most of the apartments in Beijing are high-rise; averaging 25 stories, and some only 10 to 15 meters apart.
I watched as the rockets sprayed their bursts of colour against the windows and walls of these buildings hoping that no one had left a window open.
I watched as people lay firecrackers across the roads as cars continued to drive over them, praying that these cars fuel tanks had no leaks.
I watched as parents gave their young children a match or a lighter and encouraged them to light their very own display.
What I watched was complete madness in the name of culture, of which most have lost the meaning of.

Dodger.
Feb 22, 2011 19:19
  • FESTUS
I was whiskerin round a fat woman an she done slapped the daylights outta me to wherein I was seein farworks myself. musta been my stink purdy i put on that belonged to the undertaker. Aint no culture that can hold a candle agin a angerd woman that wuz jus provin wrong in her eys. Now thats war the real type rattler noise makers kind makes a man laugh when a woman is angerd. I be mosie`in along now to see war i can find the sheriff, probably wit that harlot owner at the gamblin house.
Feb 22, 2011 20:11
  • LARRYBOY
Thats funny Festus ,sounds like you and I have the same taste and pain in women. One thing I will never do is laugh at a woman when she is angry. Learned my lesson the hard way. Would that stink pretty" as you call it,,,would that be embalming fluid??
Mar 3, 2011 23:24
  • LYRADIN
no matter u agree or not

the fire wall helps us a lot
Mar 4, 2011 10:29
GUESTIAMJUSTIN My vote also goes for the oppose against the proposal to ban.Chinese traditions have sufferes overwhelming damages over the past decades,we cannot weaken it anymore.Safty awareness promotion is a great way to creat a society with security and it is more beneficial for the social progress in the long run.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Should the fireworks be banned?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code