Menu
How Do You Think About Shotgun Marriage?
Feb 22, 2011 01:13
  • SUNNYDAY
A pair of Chinese stars got married recently and the bride announced that she was eating for two for 5 months. You know, in ancient China, this will be a big scandal and the new couple and their parents will be looked down upon.

Although it has been much more open nowadays and many people have accepted it, still people are gossiping about it, especially in the undeveloped countries. So, how is the thing going in your country. Is the shotgun marriage widely accppeted or just accepted?
Last edited by SUNNYDAY: Feb 22, 2011 01:15
Feb 22, 2011 01:23
GUESTDAVE I know that when David Beckham and Victoria got married with a baby, people did not think it promising. But they proved it a good decision and live a happy life after so many years.
So I don't think it matters if it is a shotgun marriage or not, the thing really matters is if the couple really love each other.
Feb 22, 2011 07:08
  • GAFFER
Tradition in the UK now seems to be to get married when the kids are big enough to be bridemaids/pageboys
Feb 22, 2011 20:00
  • ROVER
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAFFER

Tradition in the UK now seems to be to get married when the kids are big enough to be bridemaids/pageboys

Why don't they wait a little longer when their kids are big enough for marriage, so they could held a collective wedding ceremony with the kids
Feb 22, 2011 21:20
  • SUNNYDAY
Rover, I'm afraid if they could get the wedding clothes in then.
Feb 22, 2011 21:24
  • LINGYUXISU
I agree with GUESTDAVE. If the bride and groom get married for love and then the kid, I think it will be OK. But if they have to get married because of the baby. It will be unfortunate thing for the baby too.
Mar 12, 2011 21:28
  • BBQQ
Sunnyday, do not be surprised. At least, they have the courage to let people know it. Some entertainment stars have children for years but they are still unmarried.

If you are not ready to have a child, please do not let him/her come to the earth unexpectedly.
Post a Reply to: How Do You Think About Shotgun Marriage?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code