Menu
Flying house
Mar 8, 2011 21:34
Once I watched a cartoon film named “Up”. 78-year-old Carl Fredricksen sets out to fulfill his lifelong dream to see Paradise Falls in the wilds of South America and finally he succeeded. You know how he went there? A flying house with thousands of balloons.

Can a house fly with helium balloons? Yes, a group of scientists have succeeded in recreating the scene in the film. A house with a height of 5.5 meters flies in the air for around 1 hour with 300 balloons.

Don’t be too excited. The house is built of some special materials, not concrete.

Mar 9, 2011 00:29
  • ROVER
I think no one dare to stay in the house when it is flying. That would be funny but a risk of life.
Mar 9, 2011 00:40
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROVER

I think no one dare to stay in the house when it is flying. That would be funny but a risk of life.

Actually, I wanted to give a try. But I am suffering from acrophobia. So I give it up.
Mar 9, 2011 02:12
  • ROVER
You are brave. Someone even dare not to take flight.
Mar 9, 2011 20:52
GUEST5566 Very creative. Pray that there won't be a swarm of birds around the flying house. Tooo dangerous.
Mar 12, 2011 21:37
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST5566

Very creative. Pray that there won't be a swarm of birds around the flying house. Tooo dangerous.

How high can it fly? If it flies very high, the birds won't see it.
Post a Reply to: Flying house
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code