Menu
Terrible Earthquakes
Mar 12, 2011 00:52
  • BAKUI
On March 10th, an earthquake hit Yingjiang in Yunnan Province of China and caused a death toll of 25. The next day, another earthquake attacked Japan and caused more death. I felt so sorry for them and their families. Hope more people will help carry them through.
Mar 12, 2011 00:54
GUESTDAVE Hope they could come through it.
Mar 12, 2011 22:34
  • BOBERT
The earthquake in Japan has today been upgraded to 9 on the Richter Scale. That makes it the fourth worst ever and about 50 times more powerful than the Sichuan quake in 2008 which registered 7.9. Two nuclear reactors are in danger of meltdown.
Last edited by BOBERT: Mar 12, 2011 22:36
Mar 13, 2011 00:55
GUEST5151
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT

The earthquake in Japan has today been upgraded to 9 on the Richter Scale. That makes it the fourth worst ever and about 50 times more powerful than the Sichuan quake in 2008 which registered 7.9. Two nuclear reactors are in danger of meltdown.

I watched the Tsunami swamp the cities in TV. It's scaring.
Mar 13, 2011 06:16
  • LARRYBOY
watching from an Aerial view, as the water traveled quickly it is most horrifying , many of the people did not even know what hit them and those who have not heard the warnings. The flood waters have receded but a bigger crisis is beginning to happen, from a nuclear reactor melt down to sorting through the damage and looking for the dead. Disease and Plague ride the same horse,,.It will be even more worse in the days to come than the actual flood!! I am most humbled.
Mar 16, 2011 02:50
  • BOBERT
I am slightly perplexed as to why this globally momentous, horrific catastrophe has drawn such little comment here. I am loathe to draw the obvious conclusion.....but..
Mar 16, 2011 04:56
GUEST05226 The sound of Jack Boots rings a conclusion
Mar 16, 2011 08:07
  • DODGER
But the conclusion may be that they are just Japanese after all, and who really cares.
Dodger.
Mar 16, 2011 16:10
  • BOBERT
Quote:

Originally Posted by DODGER

But the conclusion may be that they are just Japanese after all, and who really cares.
Dodger.

Precisely! However that is about to change, and quite soon if prevailing wind direction reverts to the norm. The radiation leaking from the damaged reactors is currently being blown east by the wind, out to sea. When the wind changes direction and blows to the west, towards China, somebody might just take notice.
Last edited by BOBERT: Mar 16, 2011 16:16
Mar 16, 2011 20:25
  • ROVER
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT

Precisely! However that is about to change, and quite soon if prevailing wind direction reverts to the norm. The radiation leaking from the damaged reactors is currently being blown east by the wind, out to sea. When the wind changes direction and blows to the west, towards China, somebody might just take notice.

People in China have already taken notice when the first radiation leaking happened. But not much. However, as the situation got worse, it draw much more attention. My friend in Tianjin told me that he received a message the day before yesterday which suggested them wearing a face mask when going out, if it blows.
Mar 17, 2011 03:59
  • LARRYBOY
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROVER

People in China have already taken notice when the first radiation leaking happened. But not much. However, as the situation got worse, it draw much more attention. My friend in Tianjin told me that he received a message the day before yesterday which suggested them wearing a face mask when going out, if it blows.

If the situation worsens Rover more than a face mask will be needed. One can not shovel alot of snow with a spoon!!
Last edited by LARRYBOY: Mar 17, 2011 03:59
Page 1 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Terrible Earthquakes
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code