Menu
Cheap Hostel
Apr 1, 2005 11:33
  • WEIDUODUO
Hi,

I saw that u have mentioned about having experience in cheap hostle in Guangzhou.

I just wonder if you can share with me a few contact for budget lodging in Guangzhou.
Please email to me at yahoo.com|widodo_hariyanto,

I think staying with chinese host would also be interesting, an experience I might pursue at a later date.

Thanks

Widodo
Apr 1, 2005 11:59
  • ILEERCHINA
hi yes, i think for the foreigner,if you want to experience more about China and get more close to the china, it's good to stay with the chinese local people. you will get more information and see more things and taste more real chinese food.
by the way, my aunt have a room to rent in guangzhou. for 150/day, with meals. if you like you can stay there. hotmail.com|victoriamei
if you dont like to stay there it be also no problem.if you have difficulties and anything you don't understand just tell me i'm glad to help.
have a great trip in guangzhou.

best regards
Apr 1, 2005 12:07
VOw, it is so expensive!!! For CNY150, u can live in a decent hostel!
Also, the rule in China has it that if foreigners live in Chinese home, they should report to the local branch of PSB within 48 to 72 hours.

For hotel in Guangzhou, why not try youth hotel? There are two in Guangzhou.
Apr 1, 2005 12:09
  • ANITA
For homestay in local's family, I have a concern, how can I assure my personal and property security staying with a completely unknown family?

Apr 1, 2005 12:11
  • FERRERO
150yuan/day for a room? I'd rather to rent a big house on my own!
Apr 1, 2005 12:17
  • PEPPERMINT
Well, Anita, u r justified to worry about your security though most Chinese are friendly. However, if you want to stay with a local family, you'd better live at someone's house you know. And remember to file with the local PBS, which is a must for foreigners though many hosts will ignore this.
Good luck to you!
Apr 1, 2005 12:19
  • ILEERCHINA
sorry, it's RMB150/day with meals.
Apr 1, 2005 12:28
Anyway, take the appreciation of CNY into consideration, this cannot be said a good bargain even meals included.
Apr 1, 2005 13:54
  • ILEERCHINA
deals basis on trust. i'm not doing many business in guangzhou. just my aunt's only one room. i'm not cheating anybody. 150 is a reasonable price in guangzhou.you can not find
such a beautiful engvironment hotel at 150yuan
in guangzhou.if there are some they are not as clean as my aunt's house. and they will not provide meals.the living standard in guangzhou is high.it's not easy to buy a cheap but nice meal in city. want to eat a nice meal you have to pay at least 20yuan.i'm giving this information is for your reference.hope it will give you some help.
cheers

Apr 1, 2005 14:04
  • ILEERCHINA
by the way, this picture is take in Guilin, the city where i live. it's a beautiful place. with nice hills and rivers.welcome to come. and in this picutre it is a dish called 'beer duck' it's very nice.can taste it when u are in guilin.
cheers
ileer

Apr 1, 2005 14:09
  • ILEERCHINA
another delicious dish, fish!

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Cheap Hostel
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code