Menu
Can compensation solve everything?
Mar 15, 2011 02:55
  • KEVIN0518
A previous report disclosed that a Wal-mart outlet in Chonqing sold deep-fried salted ducks that had already been one-month overdue of their guarantee period.

A total of 208 kilograms of the illegally-produced food have been sold to customers from February 5 to 28, with a sales volume of 3,800 yuan, according to the investigation.

Wal-mart reacted that all consumers who bought the deep-fried salted ducks would be compensated with 10 times the amount of the money they spent on buying the ducks. This means Wal-mart needs to pay around 40000 rmb to the consumers.

Giving compensation is a way of solving the problem. But it may not redeem its public image. About two months ago, Carrefour and Wal-mart were both involved in price fraud scandal. They were both fined a large amount of money.
Mar 15, 2011 21:25
  • ROVER
The merchant is always caring for money much more than other things.
Mar 15, 2011 22:07
  • BBQQ
I do not believe that only Wal-mart and Carrefour have these problems. Other supermarkets definitely have these problems too. Many supermarkets have changed their price tags. The promotion prices were all gone.

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it"---Warren Buffett.

Apr 12, 2011 04:46
  • KEVIN0518
"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it"---Warren Buffett.

Sanlu, Shuanghui etc are typical examples. Sanlu went bankrupt. Nobody goes to buy Shuanghui hams. I am not sure if Shuanghui will go bankrupt too.
May 17, 2011 14:21
  • MARK_81
Well no it does not solve everything at all. Business standards should be high. My best friend Bubba actually had to sue a fast food chain cause it sold him food way way! past its due date not only he but his daughters were affected by it so no. not at all.
May 18, 2011 03:12
GUEST3423
Quote:

Originally Posted by MARK_81

Well no it does not solve everything at all. Business standards should be high. My best friend Bubba actually had to sue a fast food chain cause it sold him food way way! past its due date not only he but his daughters were affected by it so no. not at all.

Mark_81, your friend did a right thing. He should let the public know this fast food chain. If no one came there, it would be closed very soon.

Another lesson: Check the guarantee period before buying any goods. You need to be very careful when you buy those promotional things.
Post a Reply to: Can compensation solve everything?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code