Menu
Will Facebook be successful in China?
Apr 12, 2011 03:31
guestfacebookfan Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 2 vote(s)
  2. 8 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
A resource reveals that Facebook has signed cooperation agreement with a famous Chinese website, planning to enter Chinese market. However, it didn’t mention which website it was.

In addition, it is said that Facebook will build a new website to cater for Chinese domestic market. The early report said that Facebook had already registered the domain of “.cn” in 2007. The insiders predict that Facebook will come into China this year.

Some analysts analyze that the Facebook’s prospect in China is unpromising even it can enter in China. Chinese SNS websites like Kaixin001 and RenRen have developed fast in last recent years. It is very difficult for Facebook to compete with them and earn the market shares. Besides, those foreign corporations seem to have many difficulties to survive Chinese market. As you see it, Google and Myspace both have failed in China.

Do you think Facebook will be successful in China?
Apr 12, 2011 22:41
  • LINGYUXISU
I don't know but it wll be difficult. There have already been many websites like facebook in China. My friends and I use renren.com the most. It likes the facebook very much.
Apr 13, 2011 06:56
  • DODGER
Facebook was available in China a couple of years ago and then it was gone.
If RenRen looks like Facebook it’s because that have now had time to make a carbon copy.

“Besides, those foreign corporations seem to have many difficulties to survive Chinese market. As you see it, Google and Myspace both have failed in China”
You can’t possibly be serious with that comment?
Dodger.
Apr 13, 2011 11:37
  • ATTA_BUTT
I have some Chinese friends on face book they already use Face book, but I don't know how. I think face book will be popular because it is in English and many people can't understand Chinese, so people who wants to chat and interested to see out side will be happy to find friends here.
Apr 13, 2011 20:54
GUEST2077 It is is good to build another website to cater for Chinese market. But I can't say that it can compete with other SNS website in China. Renren and Kaixin001 have taken great market shares.
Apr 13, 2011 22:23
  • LINGYUXISU
RenRen in China is not as popular as Facebook in the English World. Take mine for example, most of the 'Friends' are from school and at the same age with me. I have no superior friends on it, for they do not use it at all.
Apr 14, 2011 11:24
  • ATTA_BUTT
I also registered my self in RenRen offered by a Chinese friend, yes! mostly people are students and classmate. I can't understand Chinese language rather then translate it through Google.
Apr 16, 2011 21:58
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATTA_BUTT

I also registered my self in RenRen offered by a Chinese friend, yes! mostly people are students and classmate. I can't understand Chinese language rather then translate it through Google.

Yes, it was originally developed for the students. You may not know that it was called Xiao Nei (meaning inside the school literally). However, it has changed its name to RenRen, hoping of expanding its users.
Apr 17, 2011 01:49
  • ATTA_BUTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

Yes, it was originally developed for the students. You may not know that it was called Xiao Nei (meaning inside the school literally). However, it has changed its name to RenRen, hoping of expanding its users.
Really thanks! it is a new word for me. I also translated it now. Any way thanks.
Apr 20, 2011 22:17
You are welcome, Atta. What do you think of Renren? I used Facebook and Renren at the same time. Renren looks very similar to Facebook.
Apr 23, 2011 22:12
  • ATTA_BUTT
yes! its similar, the difference is language and Facebook can be used by others countries people frequently, Renren is only popular in china.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Will Facebook be successful in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code