Menu
Need to secretly leave China
Apr 14, 2011 08:08
  • KD97
So I arrived to teach at a university in China but things have gone from bad to worse. They messed up on my visa papers so I had to buy two flights. Eventually, they agreed to compensate me but then I arrived in China and they said they wouldn't any more. Several arguments later and they said would pay me, but only when I leave....as in they probably won't!

On top of this, I have not been given access to my bank account and salary for 7 weeks.

Most importantly, they've had my passport for 5 weeks and only upgraded it at the last moment (ie. when I was already illegally residing in China for 3 weeks). They will give it back to me tomorrow but they want me to give them my Foreign Experts Certificate.

I want to disappear back home as they haven't honoured the contract but I'm worried about them keeping my Foreign Experts Certificate. Should I be concerned? Can I leave China without it? Will there be in any repercussions eg. I won't be able to return to China as a tourist later in life?

I have no idea about how things work so please help if you can!
Apr 14, 2011 20:13
  • ELLIOTT
Yes, you can leave China without Foreign Experts Certificate, you just need your valid passport and visa on it to exit China. However, you will face some problems if you want to teach or work in China again, it won't affects your tourist visa application later in life.
Apr 18, 2011 04:40
  • KD97
Thank you. I managed to make it out of there to my great relief. It was a horrible situation to be put in, but the university were not reasonable from the beginning so there is no way I could have told them.
Apr 26, 2011 07:30
GUEST63236 You should have reported the University to the foreign experts bureau - They represent both sides and are usually fair. If the University had made promises, they will be forced to keep them, or lose the ability to hire foreign teachers.

It would also be useful to name the university, or at least give a clue, so that others can be cautious and not end up in the same position.
Jun 15, 2012 05:21
GUEST23655 I've known several people who have left China this way after finding the schools difficult to deal with or just not able to adapt to China. The couple I'm thinking about in particular was sued by the school and they cannot come back to work here, not that they would want to, I think.
Jul 5, 2013 08:55
GUESTHATECHINA First I am not english native. But I hope you can understand some point of this plight.
My situation is ever more complicated. I'm married to a chinese girl, and she is controlling every thing I got, my country bank card, my chinese bank card claiming is all her money. We are having a daughther and, for many reason I got throught, I did not ask her to abort. I know so fas she did not wanted to do it too.
I'm have been too nice to her and for now I want to leave her.
My problem is that the passport is the PSB and she needs to update some docs for me to get it back, then I can leave things behind.

I just need to know, if someone by chance knows, if I can ask the PSB to leave the country. I have been granted to applied for my chinese visa like 4 months ago, even thougt at the applying time, i got no all the paperwork (requeriments) to do so. Now my passport have been there "on stock" this long til I can get her to update his docs.
As I said, I can leave her. I told her many times we should talk of a possible separation but she turns into sulk that I hate the most.

Does anyone has any idea what do here?
Jul 10, 2013 21:09
  • LHGOODS
My friend,do you have a copy of the front page o your passport??
if yes go to your embassy and say u lost your passport then make another one and run away from this shit my before it get worses
Jul 11, 2013 16:49
  • GHOST
You should be able to simply go to the PSB, tell them that you need to leave the country urgently and they should give you your passport back. They only need to keep it for their paperwork. If you're leaving, then they don't need to do the paperwork anymore.
Post a Reply to: Need to secretly leave China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code