Menu
To Anyoneone Who Want to Hold Giant Pandas
Apr 14, 2011 09:50
  • VANESSAZHONG
Generally speaking, it is forbidden to get too close to giant pandas to disturb their living habit and prevent them from being infected by disease. Actually, we still have chance to hold a baby panda because every year the giant pandas will spend a lot of money including their food, medical cares, etc. it’s a really great financial burden to the local government. In order to solve this problem, the Panda Base has made a project. Actually, there are two ways that you can get close to pandas. The 1st one is to adopt a panda. That is CNY50,000 each year and CNY500,000 for whole life of the panda you have adopted. The 2nd one is to make a donation to giant panda. That is less expensive,CNY1,000. If you only want has a chance to hold a panda, you may choose this one. Or if you want to see the panda you adopted anytime during your adoption period, you may adopt one. That is better.
Usually, you can hold giant panda anytime if the panda’s condition is great. In one word, it is all depend on pandas. In general you can hold panda from 9:45am to 11am and 2:30pm to 4pm. If you still have problems concerning the tour in Chengdu or holding giant pandas, you may contact me by email any time. Then I will tell you the latest development.
Apr 14, 2011 12:08
GUEST89130 Where can you hold a panda at?
Apr 14, 2011 21:25
  • BL2022
I think the author means Chengdu Panda Breeding and Research Center. As I know, you could hold a baby panda at rmb1,000 and an adult panda at rmb500.
Apr 15, 2011 07:17
  • VANESSAZHONG
However, we only can hold the baby pandas because it is very dangerous to get close to the adult one.
Nov 5, 2012 00:47
  • VANESSAZHONG
There's no chance to take photos with pandas during these days. The staff there has an intensive study and it will probably last 7 to 10 days.
Dec 18, 2012 01:20
  • VANESSAZHONG
I was heard that the donation for holding a baby panda would be increased to CNY 2,000 per person at Chengdu Panda Base from Jan. 1st., 2013. If there is a further information, I will publish it on this website.
Dec 19, 2012 00:45
Quote:

Originally Posted by VANESSAZHONG

I was heard that the donation for holding a baby panda would be increased to CNY 2,000 per person at Chengdu Panda Base from Jan. 1st., 2013. If there is a further information, I will publish it on this website.

It's so damn expensive. But I believe that many people will pay for it. But I won't do it. I can do many other things with CNY 2000.
Dec 22, 2012 09:38
  • VANESSAZHONG
Maybe they consider the raising price as a measure to control the members of people who could hold the panda for one single day. My friend who works there tells me that everyday it has a limited number. Such as 20 people for one day in the high season which means a lots of people will have to go there twice sometimes to make sure there is a chance to do it.
Dec 23, 2012 01:29
Maybe they consider the raising price as a measure to control the members of people who could hold the panda for one single day.

Maybe it is just an excuse to increase the zoo's REVENUE. If they really want to control the number of the visitors who hold the pandas for pictures, they can just regulate how many visitors can be allowed to do it. It has nothing to do with the money.

Why not the zoo can tell the visitors clearly that they are lack of money?
Jan 10, 2013 05:15
  • VANESSAZHONG
This opinion is a little extreme.
Every year Chengdu Panda Base will be given some money from financial appropriation of the cenral government. The more pandas they have, the more money they get next year. And the cost of entire base is not only depending on the money from the government, but also some money from their tickets which is a very larger one, In the mean while, some pandas are also adopted by some companies, orgnizations, hotels, schools, and even individual personal. Certainly, this sort of money they have to hand in National Bureau of Parks and Woods first.
Therefore, I do think there is no need for gathering money among the common people. The purpose of this activity is not to get the money, but let every person to know this precious unique animal in China, to love it and to wake the awareness of conservation. Sometime, what they do just want to fullfill an once- in - a -lifetime' individual personal wish of a small group of people.
Jan 10, 2013 05:22
  • VANESSAZHONG
As you said, they do some limitation indeed. That's why you have to make reservation. Now they only provide 20 vacancies every day in certain times.
And it really works, I mean raise the donation price. Few people do this now. Maybe one another reason is that now it is the low season of tourism. Acually, you still can take part in this actvity without paying. The workers will give your the same service as people who donate money. You can learn a lot from the talk there. Of course, you have no chance to get close panda at last.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: To Anyoneone Who Want to Hold Giant Pandas
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code