Menu
Ask China travel questions and get answers from other travelers
May 3, 2011 02:00
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Dear all,

We have renovated our Travel Q&A section. Now it has a brand-new name “Answers”. Here you can ask any China travel questions and get answers from other experienced travelers. Besides, you can help other travelers with their questions if you like.

If you have any suggestions or advice, please tell us and we will take your suggestions into full consideration.

Address: https://answers.travelchinaguide.com/

Christine
May 3, 2011 14:00
GUESTJC Hi,

Will shops be closed in Beijing during the October National holidays?
May 3, 2011 22:01
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTJC

Hi,

Will shops be closed in Beijing during the October National holidays?

Many shop owners take "golden week holidays" as a good chance to make money. The shops will be definitely open during that time.
May 4, 2011 03:55
  • QINQIN
yes, raindrop is right. in china all shops are open during holiday period, except spring festival time.

May 6, 2011 10:01
GUESTMAR where can i find a good copy watches here in shanghai?
May 9, 2011 05:11
  • RAZZAQ
Dear Friends!

Good evening, i hope all here are fine and doing well.

I have a couple of questions, and i hope i can get some friendly responses.

1st: I am from Pakistan, and married here, and i want to take my wife for a short visit to Pak, so may i know what are the procedure like to apply Visa for her in the embassy of Pakistan here in China.

2nd: Can apply Visa from the Consular office in Guangzhou or from Hong Kong?

3rd: In case i want to invite my family such as my mom and a sister to visit us so may i know what is the procedure like or what kind of document do i need to arrange for my family to pay us a visit?

I hope some one experienced would response here.

Thanks.
Last edited by RAZZAQ: May 9, 2011 05:12
May 9, 2011 21:48
  • HERBEAT
Christine, very glad to see that you opened the brand called "Answers". But tried a couple of times to answer the questions posted in Beijing part but my answers never showed up. Is there any problem?
May 9, 2011 21:59
  • MILES
RAZZAQ, There are one Pakistani embassy and four consulates in China:
Embassy of Pakistan, Beijing
Consulate General of Pakistan, Shanghai
Consulate General of Pakistan, Hong Kong
Consulate General of Pakistan, Chengdu
Consulate General of Pakistan, Guangzhou

Your wife, her monther and sister should apply for Pakistani visa accoding to consular districts, if they live in Guangxi, Guangdong, Fujian or Hainan, they can apply Pakistani visa in Guangzhou.

They need to submit the below documents:
- Completely filled in Visa Application Form.
- Copies of Passport and Identity Card.
- Two recent photographs (1”x1”)
- Invitation letter from you
- Copy of your Passport
- Copy of marriage certificate/ family registration document.
May 9, 2011 22:42
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Quote:

Originally Posted by HERBEAT

Christine, very glad to see that you opened the brand called "Answers". But tried a couple of times to answer the questions posted in Beijing part but my answers never showed up. Is there any problem?

Dear Herbeat,

We have sent you a message. Please check it.
May 10, 2011 03:21
  • ERICM
Hello,

I am an Irish citizen currently teaching in Quanzhou. I have a 'Z' visa and a residence permit. During the summer I plan to travel to Vietnam. However, next to the section marked 'Entries' on my 'Z' visa, there is a 1. As I obtained the visa in Hong Kong, does this mean that I am unable to leave the mainland, as I have already used up my one entry? Will this void my current 'Z' visa? I could really do with help on this.

Thanks,
Eric
May 10, 2011 08:45
  • RAZZAQ
Dear Miles

Thank you very much for your helpful response.

I understand now that wife should apply visa from Guangzhou, but may i know what kind of invitation letter i should prepare for her to visit Pakistan along with me (I am from Pakistan)

2nd: I was seeking information for what are the requirements to Invite my mom + sister to visit us in China (my mom + sister are Pakistanis)

I know they can not apply for L Visa individually, but they can apply for a "Group" visa but i don't know what sort of document they may require from my side.

3rd: If my wife applies visa from Guangzhou so how long she can get with how many entries?

4th: What does mean by "family registration" document" ?

5th: Our marriage license is not attested by Notary, so is that good to get it attested or no need for this to be attested by Notary?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Razzaq
Page 1 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Ask China travel questions and get answers from other travelers
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code