Menu
wins
May 9, 2011 21:52
guest08233 I will be visiting Shanghai in 2 days for the first time. Could you please give me the best directions as to how to get from PVG airport to my hotel in Hongxin Rd, Minhan, Shanghai? Thank you.
May 9, 2011 22:21
  • BL2022
Which hotel are you going to stay at? THere are many hotels on Hongxin Road.
You could travel by Maglev train or subway. Both of them are available at Pudong Airport.
May 9, 2011 22:58
GUEST08233 It is Di Jon Hotel.
May 9, 2011 22:59
GUEST08233 If I take the maglev, which I would prefer, where do I get off and what connection underground do I take?
May 10, 2011 00:58
  • BL2022
You need to transfer several times if travel by Maglev: take Maglev from airport to its last Stop, Longyang Road and then change to subway line 2 to East Nanjing Road, get off and then change to line 10 to Zi Teng Road, then walk about 800 meters to your hotel; or change to a taxi from Longyang directly to your hotel, which takes about rmb90.
if by subway , you could get on the subway line 2 at Pudong airport to reach East Nanjing road, get off and then change to line 10 to Zi Teng Road, then walk about 800 meters to your hotel.
May 10, 2011 01:00
GUEST4671
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST08233

If I take the maglev, which I would prefer, where do I get off and what connection underground do I take?

Di Jon Hotel is very close to Hongqiao Airport. You can take airport shuttle bus line 1 from Pudong Airport to Hongqiao Airport and then take a taxi to your hotel. It's about 10 minutes car ride.
May 10, 2011 07:21
GUEST08233 I now think I would like to leave my luggage at the airport, go to Nanjing Rd to do shopping and get back to airport to collect my luggage and join my tour coach transfer at airport later at about 7 pm. How do I get to Nanjing Rd and back to airport? What should be the latest time to leave Nanjing Road to avoid any rush and get back to airport by about 7 pm?
May 10, 2011 20:45
  • BL2022
Well, you could still take the maglev train to Longyang Road, get off and then change to subway line 2 to People's Square, then walk to the Nanjing road. (60 minutes)

Or just take subway line 2 from the airport to People's square and then walk to Nanjing road. (80 minutes)

If you don't mind, I want to say something. If you travel from Pudong airport to Nanjing road, then back to airpot to join the tour coach transfer. It will be like that you travel from airport to downtown, then back to airport, then the coach will again take you to downtown.
FYI: http://www.travelchinaguide.com/images/map/shanghai/subway-map.jpg
May 10, 2011 21:47
GUEST30114 When you say walk (60 min), is it walking for 60 min?

I think finally this is what I will do: Take maglev from airport to long yang station then take a taxi to my hotel, di jon hotel in hongxin lu, minhan. Then take a taxi downtown and taxi back to hotel in the evening. How much will the taxi from my hotel to downtown cost? When I take a taxi from downtown back to hotel, do I just wave for a taxi on the street or is there a taxi stand where I should go? I also need to get a mobile phone simm card at the airport. Will buying a simm card be a simple matter?
May 10, 2011 22:19
  • BL2022
Oh,sorry, I didn't state it clearly. I mean the duration time on the maglev+subway is 60 minutes.

The taxi fee between Longyang and your hotel is about rmb100, and rmb 60 between Nanjing road and your hotel. Maybe a little higher at night.

You could either wave for a taxi or go to the taxi stand. Both are OK.
Sim card is easy to get in Shanghai at the airport or downtown, no worry.
Last edited by BL2022: May 10, 2011 22:31
May 10, 2011 22:30
  • BL2022
If I were you, I will make it this way to save money.

Maglev from airport to Longyang, change to subway line 2 to Century Avenue, get off and then change to subway line 9 to Hechuan road, then take a taxi to hotel. The taxi fee is about rmb15.

After checking in, I will travel without luggage, so I would prefer to use city bus and subway, which will be much cheaper.

It seems I'm too wordy. Anyway, good luck with your Shanghai tour.
Last edited by BL2022: May 10, 2011 22:33
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: wins
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code