Menu
Four Chinese brands appear in Transformers 3: Dark of the moon?
Jul 21, 2011 02:51
Product placement has become a big business for the film industry. On July 21, Transformers 3: Dark of the moon was shown in mainland China. Many audiences recognize four Chinese brands in the movie: Meters/bonwe, Lenovo, TCL and Yili.

The most successful must be Shuhua Low Lactose Milk made by Yili, one of the largest dairy companies in China. In a 10 second scene in the movie, a scientist played by US comedian Ken Jeong loudly drinks from a carton of the milk (Shuhua Low Lactose Milk) in an elevator. The writing on the carton is in Chinese.

Many audience burst into laughter after seeing it. The director also said at the premier “Putting Coca-Cola there was not funny, but putting Shuhua milk was funny. I'm not doing an ad for milk, I am doing a movie called Transformers”. His real purpose is to use it as “comedy tool”.

Anyway, Yili’s Shuhua Low Lactose Milk has been remembered by the audience in a very special way. Liu Siru, who helped these four Chinese brands place their ads in the movie, said that Yili once required that Sam’s bumblebee to drink its milk to prop up energy but it was rejected by the director.

A source says that there are 68 brands in Transformers 3. Can you find out all of them?
Jul 27, 2011 02:08
  • BBQQ
A source says that there are 68 brands in Transformers 3. Can you find out all of them?

Most of them must be auto companies, I guess. Yili Shuhua Milk is very funny. But the movie itself is not as good as previous two.

One guy who watched it at the cinema said he slept in first hour because it was boring. In the second hour, fighting sequences were amazing.
Aug 15, 2011 22:08
  • RAINDROP
I watched Transformers 3 at the cinema. The whole movie is boring except the special effects of the final battle between autobots and decepticons. The Optimus Prime became very powerful. He kills four or five decepticons in a short time and then gets rid of Megatron and Sentinel Prime with one arm. This is absurd. In previous two movies, the Optimus Prime was very vulnerable. He would have died without Sam's help. Why did Michael Bay make such a mistake?

And Sam's new girlfriend in the third movie has no match with Megan Fox. I can't believe that she even has affair with her boss. Why did Sam break up with her previous girlfriend who was through hardships together? It makes no sense.
Aug 15, 2011 22:11
  • RAINDROP
PS: Like many other fans of Transformers, the Transformers Part 1 is the best. Part 2 and Part 3 are worse.

Good news for the fans of Transformers, Don Murphy, the producer of Transformers, says that a total new trilogy of Transformers will be shot in future though Michael Bay claims that he will not direct any movie about Transformers.

The protagonist will be changed. A strong man will replace "Sam" and the main leading autobots including Optimus Prime will continue to appear in the trilogy but the story will be different.

And Spielberg is likely to direct the new Transformers.

Last edited by RAINDROP: Aug 15, 2011 22:20
Aug 18, 2011 02:53
Raindrop, are you a fan of Transformers? You seem to know much about Transformers. I just watched the cartoon Transformers when I was in primary school. Plus, I also watched the Transformers 1 and 2. Didn't get a chance to watch Transformers 3. After watching Transformers 2, I lost my confidence in Michael Bay.

Post a Reply to: Four Chinese brands appear in Transformers 3: Dark of the moon?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code