Menu
Zhangjiajie
Jul 21, 2011 21:00
  • EDYHARTO
Zhangjiajie is a marvellous destination for beautiful scenery lovers. As we arrived at the Bailong Lift, we looked up and saw the top. We thought it is going to be like New Zealand's Skyline Gondola Restaurant. But what a great surprise! On reaching the top, we were led to a bus and the bus took us to a townlike-centre where many things are sold. Hawkers start to tout you to buy their sweet chestnut and whatnot. We bought some and we walked to look at the mountain ranges and formations.

Nothing we have seen before, nope, yes, we saw one, Avatar's flying lizard's replica ! And we walked and walked, took pictures and pictures of the beautiful formations of mountains in misty environment. Then we returned back to the town centre, took a bus and went to another location. Again we savoured the beautiful sceneries until at last we have to leave. And we left by cable car straight down to the entrance of Zhangjiajie as the sun sets in the West.

Jul 21, 2011 21:08
  • EDYHARTO
At Ningxiang enroute to Zhangjiajie, the thousand hand guan-yin is very impressive. Standing on top of the hill, we look up and saw the bright sun on the left and as we walked up the many steps, the sound of buddhist music soothes our ears and calm our souls.

It is no wonder that the great Chairman Mao once stayed in the temple below!

Jul 23, 2011 04:56
  • EDYHARTO
Enroute to Zhangjiajie again, there is the Fonghuang (Phoenix Town), a very distinctive kind of living environment. Pig's head abound and there is the proxy phoenix showing off their feathers, ay, I am telling you, it is the ladies of course. Adorned with silverware and the red blouses, they flaunt their `feathers' as photos are taken!

Sep 27, 2011 03:39
  • EDYHARTO
This is near the site of the filming of Avatar. I can see why the Director chose the spot because it is heavenly beautiful. This is real yet it is like as if we are dreaming with the misty mountains infront. The Grand Canyon of USA appears quite barren but here in Zhanjiajie, trees grown abound and add to the beauty of the place.

Oct 3, 2011 02:57
  • EDYHARTO
Bailong Lift goes right up to the mountain top. And on top of this mountain, there are roads leading to many viewing points. And there was the statue of Avatar's flying peacock lizard.

Oct 12, 2011 01:39
  • BBQQ
EDYHARTO, when did you go to Zhangjiajie? How high is the Bailong Lift? I think I will go there next year.
Oct 12, 2011 08:11
  • EDYHARTO
Hi BBQQ, We visited Zhangjiajie in May 2011 and we were fascinated by the beautifully shaped mountains. How high is Bailong lift? I tell you it is as high as the mountains. We were told it was over 1000 feet high and up there there are roads for us to walk and enjoy the sights....

Go and see for yourself. I am sure you will be delighted and enjoy the beautiful sceneries.
Oct 12, 2011 20:54
  • BBQQ
Thank you, EDYHARTO. I will go there next year and shoot some nice photos.
Oct 13, 2011 04:34
  • EDYHARTO
It's my pleasure BBQQ. Hope to see some nice pictures from you after your visit. Actually if I have the time, I will want to visit Zhangjiajie again, maybe during Autumn.

Take care and cheers!

Oct 18, 2011 02:08
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by EDYHARTO

It's my pleasure BBQQ. Hope to see some nice pictures from you after your visit. Actually if I have the time, I will want to visit Zhangjiajie again, maybe during Autumn.

Take care and cheers!

You too. Maybe you can give me some advice on visiting Zhangjiajie like traveling route.
Post a Reply to: Zhangjiajie
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code