Menu
Bad luck with trains in China...
Aug 1, 2011 23:17
  • RAINDROP
Kevin, the media was wrong again. According to the ministry of railways, the average occupancy for the high speed trains has reached 120 percent after Beijing-Shanghai High Speed Line was put into use for one month. How did they calculate?

Take CRH3C for example. It can accommodate 556 passengers. 480 passengers get on the through high speed trains from Shanghai to Nanjing, then the occupancy is 480/556=86%

480 passengers get on the normal high train at Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station. Unfortunately, 400 of them get off at Suzhou Railway Station and then another 100 passengers get on the train and finally they arrive at Nanjing Railway Station, then the occupancy is (480+100)/556=104%. Actually there are only 180 passengers when the train arrives at Nanjing Railway Station.

The ministry said that the calculation method had been used widely both in China and abroad. Is this true?
Aug 2, 2011 06:10
  • LARRYBOY
Quote:

Originally Posted by KEVIN0518

Larry, it was the signal equipment that caused the accident, according to Xinhua News. The signal equipment in Wenzhou South Railway Station has design flaws.

In one sentence it was the equipments fault but in another sentence you say it was a design flaw. A design Flaw is human error. Again I say "Someone is not paying attention,, and it just doesnt have to be on the railroad tracks,, it starts from the top where the design and planning begins. So Kevin whos fault is it when a drunk driver kills someone?? Is it a design Flaw of the car or the car itself ...or is it the drunk who gets behind the wheel and starts the car. Human error not mechanical. I can understand circumstances surrounding aged technology,( This is not the case here) but new technology that the Chinese pride themselves on,... all areas of possible malfunction would send an alert or error report, so as to quickly address the situation so to avoid possible future tragedies. What do you think?
Aug 2, 2011 22:32
  • KEVIN0518
“…...so as to quickly address the situation so to avoid possible future tragedies. What do you think?”

I am waiting for the final result of the investigation on 7.23 Train Crash. I can not understand the hight speed trains are reopened so quickly after the train collision. Have they repaired all the flawed signal equipment on the high speed railways?

In 1998, a train from Munich to Hamburg derailed near a small town. As a result, 101 people died and 105 were injured. The German government set up an independent investigation team to investigate the accident. They spent six years to investigate the whole accident. Finally, two railway officials, one engineer and the captain of the derailed train were accused of involuntary manslaughter.

What’s more, the wreckages were all kept in a museum, which reminded all people of the 1998 train accident. A monument inscribed with all the victims’ names were set up near the scene of the accident.

After the 7.23 Train Crash, three officials of Shanghai Railway Bureau were dismissed. The locomotive of the high speed train was buried immediately after the accident and was dug out and carried to Wenzhou South Railway Station for further investigation. Liu Tiemin, an expert of the accident investigation team of the State Council was surprised when he heard about this.
Aug 3, 2011 03:59
  • LAUGH
The ministry said that the calculation method had been used widely both in China and abroad. Is this true?

I don't know if this method has been used by other countries. But I beileve what I see---Some carriages are EMPTY.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Bad luck with trains in China...
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code