Menu
Will you take the high-speed trains after the crash in Wenzhou?
Jul 24, 2011 22:34
  • RAINDROP
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 39 vote(s)
  2. 31 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
A Chinese high-speed train was struck by the lightening and lost its power. Then another train hit it behind, causing four carriages falling off the bridge. The accident happened at about 8:30 p.m. Beijing Time. So far, the h crash has killed 35 people and injured 210.

Affected by the collision, three railway officials of Shanghai Railway Bureau have been removed from office and will be subject to investigation.

Recently, the power failure and other malfunctions have occurred several times on Beijing-Shanghai high speed railway. As for the reason, some experts analyze that Beijing-Shanghai high speed trains were put into use hastily.

The public is also concerned about the safety of the high speed trains after these “accidents”. But the Ministry of Railways is very confident in Beijing-Shanghai high speed railways.

After the deadly train crash, will you choose to take the high-speed trains in the future?

Jul 25, 2011 04:20
  • JOHNSONHO
NOt at this stage, but if the authority take drastic action to ensure the safety, I might consider later on, after all unforeseen things can happen anytime, anywhere even if you stay at home.
Jul 25, 2011 07:20
GUEST76218 I posted this earlier in another thread.
Sorry to hear about the terrible train crash. My condolences go out to all who have relatives and friends involved and hope the injured make a full and speady recovery. As I posted previously guest 76218 I love train travel and have many times enjoyed train journeys in your country on my visits from Australia. China has achieved so much and my only concern has always been their qulity control and maintenance and safety priorities. As someone who is involved in the rail industry I find it very difficult to understand how the following train would not be stopped as the basic principle of all signalling sytems is to fail to a safe mode if power is lost. Hope that this tragedy is not in vain and China and the world can learn from this and enhance rail safety in the future.
Would appreciate any links to where I could find information on how the signalling system or what is known as automatic train protection failed.
Jul 25, 2011 20:01
  • IVYZHU
I took the high-speed train from Changsha to Guangzhou. And it's very safe. I will take if I go again.
Jul 26, 2011 02:36
  • JIMMYB
I used to take D trains from Xian to Baoji many times. It is safe and fast but the tickets are expensive. Now I seldom take D trains. Why?

It takes 1 hour and 10 minutes by D trains but costs CNY 50. There are other trains that just need 1 hour and 30/40 minutes to get to Baoji from Xian. But the ticket prices are from CNY 16 to 29.

Honestly, I was shocked by the train crash. I may not take the high speed trains. The project was completed hastily. It is said that the project had been planned to be completed in 5 years. Actually, it was completed less than 3 years. Too fast!

Recently, the power failure has happened several times between Beijing and Shanghai high speed line. I am worried about the quality of the project.

Last edited by JIMMYB: Jul 26, 2011 02:46
Jul 26, 2011 02:41
  • JIMMYB
On the other hand, the tickets are expensive. I may buy the plan tickets. The air tickets are almost the same prices as the high speed trains. But it takes less time.
Jul 26, 2011 07:47
  • CCYQ
i am fear to take D train now( i have never token super fast train till now)
after the fitrst time heard from super fast train got delaying because of the lighting at 10th July.
actually i was feeling that something will not be going well.
and then happend the trains crush in Wenzhou.

we always think train is the most safest vehicles. seems not any more! NOW!
Jul 26, 2011 08:57
  • BUCHANTON
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

On the other hand, the tickets are expensive. I may buy the plan tickets. The air tickets are almost the same prices as the high speed trains. But it takes less time.

True and at the moment safer. I know one should not judge the railway on one accident, but it is difficult under these circumstances
Jul 26, 2011 20:53
Update!

28 of the dead victims have been identified. They are from Zhejiang, Fujian, Beijing, Henan, Tianjin. Two foreigners are from the US and Italy. It is said that each victim will be compensated CNY 500000. But some families of the victims want to know the truth of the accident before getting the compensation.

The scene of the accident has been cleaned already and the high speed trains start to run again. Well, train delays happen frequently after the crush. A news report says that there are only two passengers in the last carriage of a certain high speed train. See, many passengers are still in fear.

May the dead rest in peace!
Last edited by LONELYJOURNEY: Jul 26, 2011 20:55
Jul 26, 2011 23:04
GUEST9666 A Chinese media reported that the families who signed compensation agreements quickly would get bonuses of 100000 RMB (more than 15000 USD).

Is this true?
Jul 27, 2011 01:36
  • LAUGH
GUEST9666,

It is true. I read the same news. Why not give each family 100000 more?
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Will you take the high-speed trains after the crash in Wenzhou?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code