Menu
Are those brands very famous in your country?
Jul 26, 2011 22:09
  • LAUGH
Starbucks and Haagen-Dazs are two brands known to many Chinese people. Drinking coffee in Starbucks and enjoy your free time there can give you certain “bourgeois sentiments”. Many young people like this.

Young lovers prefer to east ice-cream in Haagen-Dazs because they think it is romantic. I guess they all heard of this ad -‘If you love her, take her to Haagen-Dazs’.

Do you have to take her to Haagen-Dazs to prove that you really love her?

These two brands are very famous in China because you can always find them in the busiest streets in cities. But things are different in some countries.

A article on Xinhua News website says that Starbucks and Haagen-Dazs are everywhere and cheap. Haagen-Dazs is cheap and you can find it in the supermarkets. Surprised!

Why are some Chinese people so obsessed in Starbucks and Haagen-Dazs?
Jul 27, 2011 00:59
  • RAINDROP
You know what, Laugh? I have never been to these places. I just buy instant coffee and cheap ice-cream in the supermarket. Maybe I will go there one day when I earn enough money.
Jul 31, 2011 04:15
  • MARRYMAX
Chinese people like foreign brands because they think that foreign brands refect their "good taste". The Da Vinci furniture is a very good example.

People believed that all Da Vinci furniture is produced in Italy and the prices were very high. But someone disclosed that Da Vinci furniture actually is made in China. The consumers who bought the furniture with very high prices were angry after they knew that their Italy made furniture was actually made in China.

This is a good lesson. Don't believe that foreign brands can enhance your "good taste".
Aug 2, 2011 23:03
  • KEVIN0518
Wake up, those foreign brands are not as good as you thought. Mc Donalds, DQ, KFC are all in trouble recently. Go and read the reports.
Aug 3, 2011 01:12
  • LINGYUXISU
Yeah, I always think the best ones should be the most suitable ones, not the most famous or expensive ones.
Aug 3, 2011 04:03
  • LAUGH
Quote:

Originally Posted by LINGYUXISU

Yeah, I always think the best ones should be the most suitable ones, not the most famous or expensive ones.

Well said. The taste Haagen-Dazs ice-cream is similar to other kinds of ice-cream. They are much more expensive because of their brand values.
Aug 14, 2011 02:57
  • JIMMYB
The media disclosed that some materials that DQ (Dairy Queen) in China uses to make ice-cream are made in China. I don't think it is worth spending 20-30 RMB buying a cup of ice-cream.
Aug 16, 2011 04:44
GUEST2678 Chinese people believe that the moon abroad is much brighter than that in China. They have money and are willing to pay for those "famous" brands.
Aug 20, 2011 21:53
GUESTMISS BRAND
The brands mentioned in the first segment are popular abroad too but remember it is only a brand it doesn't reflect what kind of person you. The power of advertisement is a powerful media tool which heavily influences people and in China it is used very smartly. I was once meeting new Chinese friends who were excited to show a foreign friend China and took me to Starbucks, I do not like Starbucks and opted for a Chinese tea house, if looks could kill then I would be six foot under. They could not fathom why I wanted to go to a tea house and looked rather emabarressed. I explained that some foreigners feel closer to home by going to these western places but there are so many westerners who love the traditional Chinese lifestyle too from hot pot to playing mahjong. I think each to their own, don't let a brand define who you are because you are not a brand name, you are your own person who makes your own choices.

I lived in Germany and Belgium where 'Hagaan Daz' is everywhere and from the average joe on the street to the millionnaire is seen eating or drinking there, it is no big deal. It is only ice cream and Starbucks is only a drink high in calories in my eyes nothing beats a good authentic cup of Chinese green tea.

I find the whole 'Da Vinci' furniture epsiode rather amusing, not in a nasty way but did people really believe that the furniture was made in Italy, everything is made in China then given a foreign stamp to cater for those who think they have good taste. Go shopping in any store in any country and if you research the item you will soon find out that it has either been, designed, made, coloured, fixed, assembled in an Asian country. An exmaple of this another very well foreign brand which has a billion dollar yearly revenue, actually has a secret factory in China where the luxury goods are made and how do I know because I was part of the media game.

Keep you feet on the ground, your head on your shoulders and be true no matter if your wearing 'Armani' or 'Armageddon' Brands don't care about you they only want your money, money makes the world go round.
Aug 20, 2011 21:58
GUEST49874
Very nicely said Miss Brand, about time someone spoke the truth, I will now think twice before filling the pockets of a Billionnaire corporation and help support a local business instead. By the way what brand has the secret factory in China now I am interested?
Aug 21, 2011 22:43
  • BBQQ
Some Chinese corps also learn from the Haagen-Dazs and DQ. Yili, one of the biggest dairy corp in China, registered a new company to build ice-cream chains. I forgot its name. It has chains in big cities. The ice-cream is sold at higher prices too. Once I went there and tasted Yili's ice-cream. There were just 2 workers.
Post a Reply to: Are those brands very famous in your country?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code