Menu
Should i break up with my Chinese girlfriend?
Dec 27, 2012 13:04
GUEST15515 Hi i have just started to 'date' a Chinese lady (i am from the UK) and i have been reading up on Chinese culture. My 'girlfriend' invites me over to her house but only when the house is full of her Chinese friends (i understand why and do not mind as we have only just started seeing each other) but when i go i am so bored, i am left to play with her children and the other day she asked me to dry the (pots) washing up in front of all her friends while they played some sort of gambling game, i think it is called Pai gow. Question; is it disrespectful to ask the man to clean up in front of other chinese men and women. In English it is not as we beleive in sharing the household chores. But from what i have read she may be disgracing me in front of her friends. She also asking me to feed her kids and do other small chores, i do not mind but i do not want to be made a fool of. Please help me.
Dec 27, 2012 21:30
  • RAINDROP
Hi, I think you worry too much about that. She deems you a very close friend or just boyfriend if she asked you to do chores. If she intended to show this in front of others, she just want to tell them about your "close" relationship if they share Chinese background too.
Dec 28, 2012 11:59
  • WANHU
In some culture asking a man to wash dishes in front of her friends showing a man is hen-pecked while in others show sharing of responsibility. She needs to understand your culture and you need to understand her Chinese culture.
Wan
Dec 30, 2012 02:06
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

In some culture asking a man to wash dishes in front of her friends showing a man is hen-pecked while in others show sharing of responsibility. She needs to understand your culture and you need to understand her Chinese culture.
Wan

Haha, men care about their faces and those who share the same thought like you said must be chauvinists.
Jan 2, 2013 08:26
GUEST42175 If she was being respectful to you she should have suggested you washed the pots together and included you in the group by translating (I assume she speaks English?). She is more likely just trying to impress her friends. You might find that the Chinese do not "consider" people in the same way that British do.
Jan 2, 2013 21:13
  • WANHU
Besides understanding one's culture, observation is the best policy.
Wan
Jan 2, 2013 21:17
GUESTBRIAN Yes, it is true, so just take it easy. If you like her, do not disappoint her.
Oct 17, 2020 13:28
GUEST53130 It's not a traditional genuine western culture to have sex before marriage. It's a western world full of deceit and wickedness.
The Bible says No to sex before marriage.
I agree with the chinese style. Keep it clean and stay virtuous. It's better to let the guy show he wants to marry you and not just bang and hang around with you as long as possible for some self pleasure.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Should i break up with my Chinese girlfriend?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code