Menu
Should foreign visitors take naked photos in the scenic areas?
Aug 2, 2011 01:58
  • RAINDROP
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 2 vote(s)
  2. 7 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Once the media reported that some scenic areas held human body photography competition to draw the public’s attention. Most Chinese people criticized that the scenic areas shouldn’t have promoted themselves in this way. Meanwhile, showing naked body in public is indecorous and awkward in most Chinese people’s eyes.

Yesterday, a Sina Weibo user disclosed that two foreign visitors took nude photos in a scenic area of Yunnan Province. Later, it is confirmed that this happened in the Shizhong Phoenix Valley. According to the staff, two foreign visitors came into the scenic area in a group tour at 13:00 on July 16. When they came into the Totem Forest, they suddenly took off all their clothes and started taking nude photos.

Some other visitors who saw the foreign visitors taking nude photos reported this to the staff and then two men brought them two blankets to cover their naked bodies. But they smiled and refused to take the blankets. Half an hour later, they put their clothes on and kept visiting the scenic area with other visitors. About one hour later, they left the group and disappeared.

The visitors who reported this to the staff must have felt that it was indecorous to take nude pictures in public. So did the two men who brought them blankets. But the two foreign visitors didn’t think so. That’s why they refused to take the blankets and kept taking pictures.

Hmmmm, I guess that those two foreigners took nude photos in the scenic area just because of reproduction organ worship. You may not know that reproduction organ worship is the theme of that scenic area.

Most foreigners are more open than Chinese. Maybe nudity in public is no big deal to them. But it is indeed a big deal to most Chinese people. In my view, foreigners should respect the locals’ values and customs during the journey. Do you agree?
Aug 2, 2011 20:39
  • SUNNYDAY
When at Rome, they should do as the Romans do.
Aug 2, 2011 22:59
  • KEVIN0518
The scenic area should set up signs inside, warning people "Don't take nude photos".
Aug 3, 2011 01:22
  • LINGYUXISU
I think it's common sense to get oneself dressed in public occasions.
Aug 3, 2011 04:09
  • LAUGH
Wow, they are very open and bold. Maybe the scenic area is responsible for this. These two foreign visitors were "inspired" after visiting totem forest. Just kidding!

Aug 3, 2011 10:38
  • ATTA_BUTT
They should respect the human being.
Aug 4, 2011 04:49
GUEST2846 How did other tourists react when they saw them? Screaming, running away or standing there stilly?
Aug 4, 2011 22:05
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST2846

How did other tourists react when they saw them? Screaming, running away or standing there stilly?

The reports said that other tourists just walked away. No one screamed. I guess that they were shy and didn't want to see the naked guys.
Aug 8, 2011 21:49
  • MARRYMAX
Quote:

Originally Posted by LAUGH

Wow, they are very open and bold. Maybe the scenic area is responsible for this. These two foreign visitors were "inspired" after visiting totem forest. Just kidding!

I agree with what you said, Raindrop. The scenic area should add one rule and print it on the back of the entrance ticket---"Don't take off your clothes and take nude pictures"
Aug 11, 2011 02:08
  • CHARLOTT
Raindrop,

The tourists apprantly knew what they were doing. I think Laugh is right. They were inspired by the environment. To prevent the tourists taking nude photos, the scenic area should send their people to patrol around the area.
Aug 14, 2011 13:48
  • MARK_81
Naked pics? haha I used to do it when me and my friends went travelling but thats years ago! lol
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Should foreign visitors take naked photos in the scenic areas?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code