Menu
Ice-cream moon cakes become popular in China
Aug 21, 2011 01:31
  • XIAOXIAO
2011 mid-autumn day is coming soon. The “moon cake war” has already begun. The moon cake makers have done their best to show their moon cakes. However, Chinese people are getting bored with traditional style moon cakes. Thus, ice-cream moon cakes become popular in China.

Haagen-Dazs, BAXY and China’s Yili have all made their own ice-cream moon cakes. As you know, the prices are more expensive than those traditional moon cakes.

Compared with traditional moon cakes, ice-cream moon cakes are not easy to carry. My friend who works in Yili told me that dry ice was put in the box to avoid the ice-cream being melted soon. However, it just worked for around 2 hours.

See Haagen-Dazs’s ice-cream moon cakes.

Aug 21, 2011 02:07
  • XIAOXIAO
You can make ice-cream moon cakes if you think it is too expensive to buy it. Very easy.

Ingredients: 50 grams brown chocolate, 100 grams white chocolate, 15 grams dried strawberry powder and 15 grams green tea powder and a cup of ice-cream

Aug 21, 2011 02:15
  • XIAOXIAO
Step 1 melt white and brown chocolate in boiling water, divide white chocolate liquid into three, mix strawberry powder with 1/3 white chocolate liquid very well and mix another 1/3 white chocolate liquid with green tea powder very well too.

Aug 21, 2011 02:28
  • XIAOXIAO
Step 2 Put 1 tablespoon white chocolate liquid into the mold and make sure that white chocolate liquid cover the inner wall of the mold and then wait for several minutes to solidify white chocolate liquid. You can put the mold into the refrigerator if necessary. Repeat two or three times to thicken the white chocolate wall.

Aug 21, 2011 02:30
  • XIAOXIAO
Step 3 Put 1 tablespoon semi-melt ice cream into the mold and tamp down it with your tablespoon. Put the mold into the refrigerator for 20 minutes, take it out and put some white chocolate liquid to seal the mold. Then freeze in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, take it out and separate the ice-cream moon cake from the mold.

You can make brown chocolate, green tea and strawberry moon cakes by following step 2 and 3.

Aug 21, 2011 02:31
  • XIAOXIAO
What do you think?

Aug 22, 2011 01:29
  • CHERRY07
Xiaoxiao, it's a pity that you don't become a chef.

I love ice-cream and ice-cream moon cakes are nice to me. The prices for branded ice-cream moon cakes are expensive. So I will make some ice-cream moon cakes for me according to your recipe. Hope I won't screw it up.
Aug 22, 2011 02:31
  • LINGYUXISU
It seems delicious. Chocolates and ice-cream are my favorite. I'm curious how it will taste if they are put together.
Aug 22, 2011 20:54
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by LINGYUXISU

It seems delicious. Chocolates and ice-cream are my favorite. I'm curious how it will taste if they are put together.

Lingyuxisu, you haven't eaten ice-cream decorated with chocolate cover? It tastes very well. Give it a try.
Aug 24, 2011 01:16
  • LAUGH
Cool, I have already decided to make ice-cream moon cakes for this Mid-Autumn Festival. It won't cost too much. Last week, I went to the supuer market. The moon cakes were on sales but the prices were much higher. A piece of moon cake cost 7.5 rmb. How can I afford to eat it?
Sep 9, 2011 02:53
I was lucky to taste some moon cake ice cream. It tasted the same as the ice cream. Someone told me that it was sold at the price of CNY 326. But I didn't see why it was sold so expensively.

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Ice-cream moon cakes become popular in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code