Menu
Do all Chinese men are attracted to skinny girls?
Aug 30, 2011 02:08
  • RAINDROP
I saw this picture in Chinadaily’s BBS. A girl in Beijing stands near a subway entrance in Beijing, holding a paper board in her hands. The words on the board are “Jiang Guo, I lost 500 grams today. When will you marry me?”

The girl said that her boyfriend heft her a few weeks ago because he thought she was a bit fat. Then the girl started to lose weight, hoping her boyfriend will come back and marry her.

Do all Chinese men are attracted to skinny girls?

Last edited by RAINDROP: Aug 30, 2011 02:08
Aug 30, 2011 05:10
GUEST84228 That's exactly right! Chinese men prefer skinny girls!
Aug 30, 2011 21:56
Silly girl. You don't look fat. Your EX boyfriend wants you to be slim. But does he have high requirements on himself? Find a one who really appreciates you and wants to be with you forever! That's what you should do.
Aug 31, 2011 22:56
She is ok. I will be her BF is she agrees, Seriously. She risked of being mocked by the passers-by to look for her BF. You can see that she cherishes the relationship. That's the girl I am looking for.
Sep 2, 2011 18:42
  • LARRYBOY
I see nothing wrong with her at all and i feel she is quite desirable. I know the cultures are different between east and west,,but most here in the west, feel that when you take someone as your Boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife..that you take the whole person inside and out and for who they are. Has society really gotten that bad to where a person has 98% compatibility with another person but its the 2% of the outward appearance that will decide a relationship? The real beauty lies within the person.
Sep 2, 2011 21:15
  • JIMMYB
Has society really gotten that bad to where a person has 98% compatibility with another person but its the 2% of the outward appearance that will decide a relationship? The real beauty lies within the person.

A good appearance has many advantages. Beautiful girls attract many followers. In China, good looking girls usually have more opportunities than ordinary girls. I mean jobs.
Sep 3, 2011 07:30
  • LARRYBOY
Thats is true Jimmy in that respect that a pretty girl will get a job first but yet still discriminating on those who are less fortunate. So Yes I agree in the business opportunity arena. So where do the Chinese girls who dont meet the criteria of being a fashion model in looks,,where do they get jobs?
In relationships regardless of culture it seems love always finds someone no matter how they look.
Here in the US, there is a near 50% group of gorgeous beautiful women who are the most lonely and because of their beauty,,men stereotype them as already having a boyfriend and not approaching them at all!! It is then that you will see these 50% beautiful women having a boyfriend who looks like a book worm of a computer geek. Its the not so handsome guys here that get the beautiful girls here.
I think you will have a chance Jimmy at getting a beauty haha just joking!! but its true to say this happens all the time here and those guys who are handsome sometimes fall into the same category also.
But when a handsome man and a beautiful women become boyfriend and girlfriend,,most of the time the 2 will be at odds with each other because of their good looks they think that other men and women will chase after them and thats where doubt sets into the relationship and ups up in separation. It is the "beauty and the beast" couples that seem to have a good relationship.
Sep 3, 2011 16:29
  • PSYCHIATRIST
u guys disscuss about China stays on the level of that movie director Zhang, Yi Mou show the world how Chinese society looks like, stupid!

When my son sees a skinny female, he would say: Uh, disgusting, is she sick.
Sep 5, 2011 21:48
  • LAUGH
Quote:

Originally Posted by PSYCHIATRIST

u guys disscuss about China stays on the level of that movie director Zhang, Yi Mou show the world how Chinese society looks like, stupid!

When my son sees a skinny female, he would say: Uh, disgusting, is she sick.

Interesting! So you son prefer a woman like her in this post?
http://community.travelchinaguide.com/forum2.asp?i=65209
Sep 7, 2011 21:33
  • PSYCHIATRIST
Laugh, guess what i am thinking of when I skinny person standing in front of. I am thinking of the dead lying in the coffin in the funeral home. That is death instead of life.

Do u think you are that persuasive showing the link with extreme example. I guess my son is much younger than u and u as well is much older than the young british celebrity whose quotes posted below. After reading it, you will realize what a shame how u have been living a life since...

Quotes from interview with Kelly Osbourne

....because we traveled so much and toured so much and have seen all walks of life, and been around the world and backwards since I was three months old, that gives you a better understanding of life—that appreciation for it, and everything that’s gone on in our family’s lives that it’s just I’m a true believer that no one’s better than anyone else. They just aren’t.

But we are living in a society, a culture, and certainly occupying a fashion scene where people are always comparing themselves, especially young women and girls….

Sep 7, 2011 21:34
  • PSYCHIATRIST
Quoate continued...

When I was growing up I did that all the time, and it was one of the hardest things for me to get over. That was one of the biggest walls I had to break down to learn to love myself. And no matter how much you like the way that person looks you will never be that person, you will never look like that. You are you. So you’ve got to take what you have and work with it and make the best of what you’ve got. ’Cause it’s not like I’m going to wake up and be Angelina Jolie am I? I’m five foot two, short and a little bit dumpy: This is me. And I like the way I look. But it takes a long time and a lot of kind of soul searching and a want for that to be able to become that way. Because I think a lot of girls get sucked into the ‘I’m not skinny enough, and I’m not pretty enough, and I’m not this and she has a better bag than me’. But at the end of the day, strip those clothes off and I guarantee you’re a better person than that person.

How old were you when you came to that realization?

(big sigh) It wasn’t that long ago, trust me. Probably, to the full package, was probably around 2007, when I moved back to America again and decided that I wanted to grow up...

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do all Chinese men are attracted to skinny girls?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code