Menu
Lady Gaga on China's banned music list
Sep 20, 2011 22:14
  • RAINDROP
I still can't see why this song has been banned. The lyrics is ok to me.
Sep 21, 2011 03:22
  • KATELONA
For me it is actually a love song.. :)
Well, I just read the lyrics again and the only thing that COULD bother someone, is the sentence: "I want it that way" and I do not think that any child could get it wrong.. it is an adult thing..
No reason to ban this song..
Sep 21, 2011 04:19
  • RAINDROP
What's wrong with "I want it that way"? I didn't get it. You know, I found some lyrics in Chinese. Someone just translated "I want it that way" as "就是爱你".
Sep 21, 2011 05:37
  • KATELONA
Well, I'm sorry but I don't understand chinese :( What does it mean?

If you have a really creative mind and if you like to interprete sentences.. well then you can find (maybe) an innuendo together with "you are my desire/fire".. but for me it is more a love song than a song with any sexual meaning
Sep 21, 2011 21:10
  • RAINDROP
KATELONA,

就是爱你 simply means "I just love you".

Maybe, someone think the lyrics is too bold and open. Chinese people are reserved. As I said, the lyrics is ok to me.

Once I heard another song. I just remembered the some parts of the lyrics "Tonight, I am gonna make love to you.....". I didn't remember who sang this song. But I didn't see it was banned.
Sep 29, 2011 21:39
Raindrop, the song you mentioned is Westlife's Tonight. I googled and it didn't say that this song was banned. Strange!
Sep 30, 2011 07:20
  • ANUBIS
i wish they would ban backstreet boys here in the u.s., mainly because i don't care for their music. i don't want any government telling me what i can or cannot listen to...i love music. in the u.s. it would be unheard of to tell the people, "you can't listen to this", i'm assuming bob marley must be on the "list" as well.
Nov 3, 2011 19:53
  • MARK_81
I love lady gaga- shes a great talent for sure! I'm always against the banning of material especially lyrics and songs its a free speech issue for me and an artisic expression issue. shes not for everybody but thats what the "off" switch and the remote control is there for!
Nov 3, 2011 20:14
  • MARK_81
raindrop: good point there! the bannings seem to be very inconsistent from one song to the next!
Nov 3, 2011 21:31
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by MARK_81

raindrop: good point there! the bannings seem to be very inconsistent from one song to the next!

Mark, someone who have the power in their hands can ban whatever they don't like. That's why I have missed many opportunities to watch some nice American movies.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Lady Gaga on China's banned music list
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code