Menu
Lady Gaga on China's banned music list
Sep 5, 2011 05:15
  • KATELONA
Hey,

Some days ago China published a new banned music list. On it you can find Lady Gaga with 6 songs, Katy Perry, the Backstreet Boys (with a 12-years old song), Take hat and Beyoncé. Every music provider is obligated to remove these songs from their websites, otherwise they will get punished.
Here you can find more about this topic: http://language-culture-translation.blogspot.com/2011/09/list-of-100-banned-songs-chinese.html

What do you think about this list? Do you agree with the Chinese Minstry?

I'm exited to hear your opinions relating to this list!

Greets,
Katelona
Sep 5, 2011 23:09
  • BBQQ
I am not her fan. But young Chinese kids will be scared after seeing her freaking weird dress-up.
Sep 6, 2011 03:22
  • KATELONA
Well I don't know if they also prohibited pictures of her ;)
It is just the fact, that Chinese people aren't allowed to hear the music the whole world is listening to.
I'm just wondering why they banned a 12-years old song from the Backstreet Boys..
Maybe here is someone who can explain this to me?
Sep 6, 2011 03:33
GUESTCHINABOY a 12-years old song from the Backstreet Boys?

Which song? I spent my high school life listening to Backstreet Boys' songs. I am a fan of them.
Sep 6, 2011 04:47
  • KATELONA
Same here ;)
They prohibited "I want it that way"..
Sep 6, 2011 14:44
GUEST83162 In the 1980's China banned a Chinese Twaiwanese world famous pop singer Deng Li Jun, who has become the biggest Asian singing sensation of all times, for unknown reasons.

When China changed its mind it was too late...Deng Li Jun passed away.
Sep 6, 2011 20:43
GUESTCHINABOY
Quote:

Originally Posted by KATELONA

Same here ;)
They prohibited "I want it that way"..

Nonsense. I have listened to this song hundreds of times. Don't see if there is anything wrong.
Sep 7, 2011 03:48
  • KATELONA
Yes, that's why I'm asking ;)
I just can't understand for which reason they banned this song.. Especially now, after 12 years..
Sep 7, 2011 20:49
  • KATRINA
Quote:

Originally Posted by KATELONA

Yes, that's why I'm asking ;)
I just can't understand for which reason they banned this song.. Especially now, after 12 years..

I found the related news. Really can't understand why Backstreet Boys' songs have been banned. The lyrics of I want it that way is ok and I didn't see if it contains blue or inappropriate contents.
Sep 17, 2011 13:57
  • CARLOS
A matter of language skills? It is known that some people hear only a tiny part of lyrics. That's because after they hear something irritating they make their opinion of the song based to that short sentence or even a word or two.

"I want it that way" Let your imagination free and after that, if you are small minded enough it is easy to say that the song is not suitable for the ears of children.

Question: Who knows something that has finished existing or spreading after it has been banned?

Carlos
Sep 19, 2011 03:24
  • KATELONA
Ok, in some opinions it is not suitable for children's ears.. but do you really think that little children understand what the Backstreet Boy's are singing?

When I was a child I did not care about the lyrics, I just sang what I thought they say.. Especially when it was another language than my mother tongue..
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Lady Gaga on China's banned music list
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code