Menu
PLEASE HELP what is wrong with me?
Sep 25, 2011 18:01
guest92727
Hi I have a serious skin issue and can't figure out what to do. I have been in Chengdu for over a year now and for the first 9 months everything was fine in regards of my skin but come June 2011 I started to get very hot and sweaty and developed a rash. I didn't use any sun block or anything because I did not think I would stay here in the summer but anyhow.

Now 3 months on I still have a rash like prickly heat looks like acne on my back, back of my thighs, neck and torso but my face has no marks what so ever.
I am always itchy and can not help but scratch until it bleeds I know it is gross. I went to the pharmacy with limited Chinese and got some powder but it hasn't helped at all and don't know what to do.
Is it the water does it change in the summer, or is it a severe case of prickly heat because I come from a cold climate and have never ever experienced anything like this.

I really need advice because I am thinking about leaving Chengdu unless the condition improves. Can anyone give me some advice on how to get better thank you.

Lewis
Sep 25, 2011 20:58
GUESTDAVE I think it is because of the high temperature and damp in the air. Just shower more frequently if it is what I've thought about. I used to got a rash in very hot summers when I was a little kid. It happens more to babies and little kids.
Or go to the hospital.
Jun 15, 2012 05:06
GUEST23655 I also live in Chengdu and I got a rash on my chest from eating mangos. There is evidently some kind of chemical on the skin, even if you peel it, that causes a rash.
Aug 2, 2012 14:06
GUESTGERT Try to change the soap/washing powder .Use little washing powder asyou can and don`t use staysoft at all,see if it helps
Aug 3, 2012 08:18
  • WANHU
I seldom visit expats site and hope it's not too late to share. Yo may apply thinly Elomet cream to the affected area(s).
Wan
Post a Reply to: PLEASE HELP what is wrong with me?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code