Menu
What will Apple’s future be without Steve Jobs?
Nov 3, 2011 22:58
Bobert,

My friend has a Samsung Android too. It is not as advanced as your SII. She has to recharge her battery every everning. She told me that she didn't use her phone heavily.
Nov 4, 2011 02:38
  • BOBERT
My advice to her would be to turn off all non essential apps, wifi, GPS, bluetooth etc. Only turn them on when required. Her battery should then last a couple of days at least.
Nov 4, 2011 21:51
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT

My advice to her would be to turn off all non essential apps, wifi, GPS, bluetooth etc. Only turn them on when required. Her battery should then last a couple of days at least.

It didn't work. I suggested installing a programe to kill the running programs. By the way, she turns off the essential apps frequently.

I guess that it has something to do with China Telecom. The 3G communication consumes too much battery energy even you don't use it frequently.

Nov 8, 2011 21:01
  • JIMMYB
Lonely,

Is it possible that she has a fake battery? Today, there are too many fake batteries sold in the market. It is very difficult to distinguish the real from the fake.
Nov 10, 2011 02:19
  • BOBERT
You could be right Jimmy.
Nov 12, 2011 01:55
Bobert,

Maybe, the quality of the cellphone and battery is different. Nokia, Samsung and other cellphone makers just entrust some Chinese companies to make batteries and other accessories for them. The quality might differ.

Bob, who made the battery for your SII?
Nov 12, 2011 14:50
  • BOBERT
My battery was made in Korea and supplied by Samsung. Perhaps you are correct Jimmy.
Nov 15, 2011 01:30
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT

My battery was made in Korea and supplied by Samsung. Perhaps you are correct Jimmy.

Now I see why so many Chinese people prefer to buy smuggled mobile phones. Liu is another friend of mine. He bought a smuggled HTC smartphone on the internet. I asked why he didn't buy one in China. He said that the quality of the smuggled mobile phone is much better because the EU and other developped countries have high requirements than China.

He is correct.
Nov 15, 2011 19:42
  • BOBERT
JIMMY:

Smartphone war: Google's Android in 52 per cent of smartphones sold in Q3: Gartner
November 16, 2011 - 9:14AM

Since January, Google's Android has worn the crown as the most widely used smartphone operating system worldwide.

But in the third quarter of the year (July through September), Android ran on an estimated 52.5 per cent of all smartphones sold, "more than doubling its market share from the third quarter of 2010", according to a new study from the Gartner research firm.

There are dozens of Android smartphones from dozens of manufactures on just about every carrier and at every price point imaginable, it seems. And the growth of Android, so far, has no major obstacle in its way.
"Android benefited from more mass-market offerings, a weaker competitive environment and the lack of exciting new products on alternative operating systems such as Windows Phone 7 and RIM," said Roberta Cozza, Gartner's principal research analyst, in a statement. "Apple's iOS market share suffered from delayed purchases as consumers waited for the new iPhone. Continued pressure is impacting RIM's performance, and its smartphone share reached its lowest point so far in the US market, where it dropped to 10 per cent."

The third quarter marks the first time Android has taken more than 50 per cent of the smartphone market, Gartner said. In the second quarter of the year, Android accounted for 43.4 per cent of all smartphones sold, up from 17.2 per cent a year earlier, the firm said in an earlier study.

Research In Motion's BlackBerry smartphones lost market share in the third quarter to Android as well, dropping to 11 per cent from a 15.4 per cent slice in 2010, Gartner said. Actual sales, however, remained steady between the two quarters, with about 12.7 million BlackBerry phones sold in Q3 2011 and 12.5 million sold in Q3 2010, the study said.

LA Times

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/smartphone-war-googles-android-in-52-per-cent-of-smartphones-sold-in-q3-gartner-20111116-1nhut.html#ixzz1dpQSpCBx

Nov 16, 2011 00:30
  • JIMMYB
Bobert,

You are so kind. Thanks for sharing me so much info about android. I have made up my mind to buy an android smartphone. Thank you!
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What will Apple’s future be without Steve Jobs?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code