Menu
Visa extension in Guangzhou
Oct 19, 2011 20:20
guestMIKE_1986 Hello.

I am travelling in China. My next stop is Vietnam but right now, there are terrible floods there. I am very close to Guangzhou, staying with friends, and will need to get a visa extension there. I have a couple of questions connected with this issue.

1. Has anyone had recent experiences getting an extension there? How long does it typically take?
2. Where exactly is the PSB entry & exit office? Can anyone provide me with the address in Chinese so that I can ask somebody if I am lost? I'd also appreciate some subway directions from the train station.
3. Do I have to stay in Guangzhou during the extension process or can I just take a copy of my passport and go back to my friends' place?

If I fail to get the extension in Guangzhou, I will just go to HK and apply for a nwe visa. Still, the extension fee seems to be a little cheaper.

Thanks in advance for your answers,

All best,

Mike.
Oct 19, 2011 21:12
GUEST2452 At least, you should tell us where you come from. The visa policys vary from country to country.

Address: 解放南路155号

Opening hours: 08:30-12:00, 14:00-17:30 (Monday to Friday).

How to go there from the railway station: take subway line 2 to Haizhu Square(海珠广场) and then walk about 300 meters to the PSB.
Oct 20, 2011 02:41
GUESTMIKE_1986 Hello and thank you for the quick answer. I am from Poland so there should be no problem in extension itself. Since I am a hitchhiker, I came across one man from entry and exit department (but that's very far away from here so I am not coming back) and he told me that when my visa comes to an end, I'll need to look for a prefecture-level city to obtain an extension.

Thank you again,

Mike.
Oct 22, 2011 10:42
Its better to consult that to the embassy or the immigration office near you. In this way, you can get the right information that you need about your problem and also try to ask an attorney that are expert in visa and immigration issue for the support answer of your problem.

Last edited by MADISONLILAC28: Oct 22, 2011 10:43
Oct 22, 2011 22:15
GUEST56126 Whatever you do, just don't overstay your current visa. Overstaying a visa is ground for rejection of future visas.
Oct 26, 2011 02:12
GUESTGUESTMI... Hey,

Definitely, not going to overstay the visa. Had this in Iran on the Pakistani border - counted the days wrong and, in the end, overstayed for one day. I don't want this to happen again. And, it costs a lot of money in China.

I'll be doing my extension next week, so wish me good luck.

All best,

Mike.
Apr 6, 2012 20:12
GUEST19202 Hi, Im from the Uk and have been living in Guangzhou for a few years with my Chinese wife. Last year, I extended my visa at the Guangzhou PSB located in Je Fang Nan Lu as the last respondent told you in Chinese

I managed to extend it twice, although subsequently, I had to hop over to Hong Kong to renew the visa valid for 3 months. I have to renew my visa soon and although I have all the papers I'm not sure if you can renew again due to a new calender year. Knowing China I fear not, although stranger things have happened.

Certainly for British passport holders you can extend twice and you can get the visa the same day for a modest fee - I believe I paid about 160 RMB whereas HK costs 1100 HK$ for same day service. I'll let u know of any progress.

I
Sep 25, 2012 13:39
GUESTMALEK Dear sir
I am from Algeria I am in guangzhou I have problem in my visa , my visa expire before 3 month , but I stay in Guangzhou . What I can do ?
Many thanks
Sep 26, 2012 07:17
GUEST64019 GUEST19202
As you are married to a Chinese citizen you should be able to obtain a 12 month family visa which is easily renewed every year. I think after 5(?) years this becomes a 2 year visa.
Apr 9, 2013 05:48
GUEST35228 I need to extend my visa it finish in 2 days what papers i need and how to do it
Apr 10, 2013 04:43
GUEST5479
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST35228

I need to extend my visa it finish in 2 days what papers i need and how to do it

I suggest you go to the Entry and Exit Administration Bureau to get the anwer. By the way, you need to apply one week in advance before your resident permit expires.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visa extension in Guangzhou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code