Menu
Will you pay bride price to your Chinese girlfriend’s parents?
Nov 3, 2017 04:21
GUEST10760 I think it depends on the family, my in-laws were pretty chill and although the family said its tradition to give 10,001 yuan (about 2 grand us) once they knew my situation they were ok with skipping the whole ordeal. I think it really depends where your living and your situation. If you moving abroad with your spouse, they should understand the travel costs/ living costs that come with moving and supporting someone. But I would say simply say you don't have the finances to do it, and thats that. Theres no way they can 'force' you to pay, and if the girl says she won't go through with the marriage without the bride price then, maybe rethink your situation entirely.

All this being said if your living in china on a permanent basis, and theres no extra costs attached to the marriage such as relocating, then I think it might be a bit more expected you poney up the 10,001 yuan.

After all is said and done I would say don't cave into the pressure, they can't rob you, and simply saying no you can't afford it should be the end of it and don't let the family take you further.
Dec 26, 2017 10:08
GUEST88143 Yes I would, but if she is too expensive more than I can afford, then their daughter could lose an opportunity in a lifetime for marriage. I agree with someone who suggests that there should be an agreement between the groom and bride's parents as to how much he can afford.
Mar 19, 2018 14:37
GUESTDANIEL I will be good to her in USA
Page 4 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Will you pay bride price to your Chinese girlfriend’s parents?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code