Menu
Hunan style chili sauce
Nov 8, 2011 03:31
  • CHERRY07
Fish Head in Chili Sauce is a typical Hunan dish. People who love spicy food must have heard of it. Well, the flavor is determined largely by the quality of the chili sauce. Do you know how to cook the chili sauce?

I have found a recipe to cook chili sauce. You really should learn to cook it if you love the spicy food.

Ingredients: 4 kilograms red chili, 400 grams pears, 300 grams garlic and 300 grams ginger
Seasonings: 400 grams salt and 120 gram liquor (Chinese white wine).

1 Clean and wash red chili and dry surface moisture.
2 Clean and wash pears, get rid of the garlic’s skin and then mince the garlic.
3 Chop the ginger.
4 peel the pears, get rid of its core and cut into pieces and then crush into a pulp.
5 Cut red chili into sections (each about 1.5 cm) chop into small pieces and then mix the chopped red chili with minced garlic, chopped ginger and pear pulp.
6 Add salt and white wine into the mixture and mix them very well. Wait for 10 minutes and stir the mixture again.
7 Put red chili mixture into a pickle jar and press with your hand. Remember to wear a pair of gloves to avoid being hurt.
8 Pour 20 grams white wine on the surface of the mixture, cover and seal the pickle jar and then put the jar in the shade.

Wait for 20-30 days and then you can enjoy the red chili sauce.

Nov 13, 2011 04:49
  • JOEC10
Do you cook this with the food or is it to use as a dip? It sounds really delicious.
Nov 13, 2011 10:21
  • ATTA_BUTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEC10

Do you cook this with the food or is it to use as a dip? It sounds really delicious.

fifty + forty plus ten is equal to one hundred percent true but food is really delicious
Nov 15, 2011 00:58
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEC10

I cook food with chili sauce, especially when I cook fish head. I know that many foreigners don't fish head but it is really delicious. If you don't like it, you can cook fried eggs with chili sauce. I saw this recipe before but didn't give it a try.
Dec 17, 2011 02:18
GUEST2458 My mother-on-law makes great chili sauce. I seldem ate chili sauce in the past but I love chili sauce made by my mother-in-law.
Dec 20, 2011 03:42
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST2458

My mother-on-law makes great chili sauce. I seldem ate chili sauce in the past but I love chili sauce made by my mother-in-law.

Really? I am interested in your mother-in-law's great chili sauce. Do you know her secret recipe?
Post a Reply to: Hunan style chili sauce
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code