Menu
How to stop ‘queue jumping’ in China?
Nov 30, 2011 02:47
guest57689 A foreign professor wrote his unpleasant experiences of meeting Chinese people jumping queue for the Financial Chinese. His first unpleasant experience happened in 1980. He planned to send a telegram in the post office. His Chinese said that he could help him send the telegram. But the professor insisted on sending it personally. When he came to the post office, he was surprised because several people surrounded the window and asked to send their telegrams. Then he realized that it was impossible for him to send his telegram. He asked his Chinese friend to do him a favor. No surprise, his Chinese friend made his way to the window and sent his telegram successfully.

It’s the first time that the foreign professor experienced the “queue jumping”. His unpleasant another experience happened in 2007. He was waiting for the train at the Jinan Railway Station. When the radio informed the passengers to board the train, people began to elbow their way to the ticket barrier. Everyone had their ticket in hands. The professor couldn’t understand why they jumped the queue.

Queue jumping happens everywhere in China. Do you have a good idea to stop it?

Dec 2, 2011 19:34
GUEST10172 Promise the travelling crowd that the train will not leave before everyone who has a ticket is on board.

The probable reason for crowding the gate: they want a good seat. They don't want to stand during the journey (as I've seen in my last trip to China).
Dec 6, 2011 00:57
GUEST2378 GUEST10172,

It's useless. The seat number is printed on the ticket. But people who have the seats still crowd into the train even they know that they have the seats. Strange!

I guess that it is because they have too much luggage. The space on the train is limited. Everyone wants to put their luggage in a safe and close area. Usually, people who get on the train early have pripority to put their luggage in the right place.

I took the train many times. Sometimes, I had to put my luggage under the seats because there is no room for me to put my luggage. Now I have learned a good lesson---never bring too much luggage when you travel by train.
Dec 21, 2011 03:04
  • RAINDROP
If China had a small population, ‘queue jumping’ might not have happened.
Jul 9, 2016 11:20
GUEST11455 Physically 'usher' them back with steps. If they take a swing your reaction is self defence.
Aug 27, 2016 04:24
  • WANHU
It's not easy to stop. Except a few, majority of the Chinese are always in a hurry thus jumping queues. They need law where queue jumpers are harshly fined. Large population is not an excuse to jump queue.

Wan
Mar 16, 2017 05:59
  • TRIPTAPTOE
perhaps you are right
Post a Reply to: How to stop ‘queue jumping’ in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code