Why do you come to China?
Jan 14, 2012 03:03
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 7 vote(s)
  2. 1 vote(s)
  3. 14 vote(s)
  4. 2 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
I start this vote because of a lady’s words. A lady said to be Yu Minhong’s wife writes the following words on the internet:

If you ask a westerner “Why do you come to China”, he will probably say “Because I love China’s long history, brilliant culture, magnificent landscapes……”

Sadly, the above are just their excuses. Except few westerners who are sent to China by their countries and companies, most of them come to China for these two reasons below:

1 They do not live well in their own country. Thus, they come to China to make a fortune.
2 Find a Chinese woman to be their wife.

I am not sure whether is true or not. But I do see many westerners come to travel in China or marry a Chinese girl. So you may tell me your answer to this question “Why do you come to China?”
Jan 15, 2012 09:07
  • CODEMIXER
My opinion.
For many Western men and Woman, Chine is like a new flower in a new garden. For many years China was not accessible to the West, or should I say, there was no other reason except the Culture one to visit it. Since the industrialized World has opened it doors to China everything changed.
There are now many reasons for people to visit China and some of them are quite rightly as you refer above. I think the main reason of visits by men {If you wish to exclude woman} is to purchase a variety of goods from China for export into the West. There is no bigger reason than that. What does happen is that the visit usually encapsulate tourism destinations where men will meet woman who are always in top shape and possibly single top ranking individuals, and woman is amongst them. {This is not conclusive}
Traveling will be second on the agenda. Finding a mate is only for those who visit after being lured by various dating Websites, exploiting this option of business. It is undeniable that contact of Chinese woman by businessmen often lead to romance, this even cross barriers of married men.
I have an example of a businessman who texed his wife from Beijing that he wants a divorce when he gets back home. Vulgar as this may seem, it demonstrates the ease with which we start and end relationships.
There are huge challenges for men who marry Chinese girls. And the contrary is true.

In the first place the religion does come into play only when you get home with your bride. To channel a family reunion as a Baptist with a newbie bride who does Buddhism could be an enormous mountain to bridge.
In the second place your bride could be surveyed as a spy by your Government, depending on the political issues of the day. You would be under constant surveillance in some cases and your privacy could be jeopardized.
Thirdly. You may be a regular traveler and your British passport can go everywhere but your Chinese one may not.
Fourth. Many young Chinese ladies on Dating sites say they have children but these children are not living with them. Does this mean these children are living with grand parents because it is cheaper and does this mean that the new husband will be expected to import the whole family of this girl to his own? It may and it could, especially if the grand parents in the villages are depending on her income.
There is an array of possible issues which could cripple these mixed marriages and these are just an example of some of the issues which face them.
I think many Western men do become loved in China and I do think the moment becomes a trap of consolation. Very clearly some of them do not give it enough thought.
Very few Westerns would wish to work in China, I promise you that.

So your original question about Tourism is second on my list and a very definite first if anyone had an agenda to see paradise. Enjoy
Jan 15, 2012 10:50
  • CARLOS
I come to meet my family.

No excuses needed, he he.

Carlos
Jan 16, 2012 21:27
  • BBQQ
Well said, CODEMIXER. But some westerners do have agenda. They just play with Chinese girls and finally dump them and go back to their own country.

Carlos, actually it is an excuse. How did you meet your wife?
Jan 20, 2012 11:58
  • CODEMIXER
BBQQ. A friend owns a Lodge in Mozabique, Santa Maria. One of the most beautiful sites in the World. He had guests from Korea and they enticed him to go to Korea to find a wife. He went and was overwhelmed by the conditions there. After being ushered into the society, he found himself surrounded by women in the medium to high income group, hundreds of them, and they had a lot of fun with him. He brought some home and some stayed for a while, enjoying the luxury of a serene destination, but his Capital base was too thin for these girls. He cannot stop talking about their beauty.
Although he is still looking, he found that money matters a great deal.
He must have spent more than $100,000 in this exercise, which span about a year on timeline.
Just an interesting story!!.
Jan 20, 2012 21:23
  • BBQQ
CODEMIXER,

He deserved that. Korean girls don't love him. They just love his money. You said that he brought SOME home. Great! Just a playboy but played by some girls.

I appreciate that some foreigners who come to China to find their true love. But those who just play with girls should go back immediately. If you find some women to sleep, go to find whores in the brothel.
Feb 2, 2012 09:14
  • BLEMISH
My wife is Chinese.
Feb 2, 2012 19:55
Quote:

Originally Posted by BLEMISH

My wife is Chinese.

Haha, I see. Your wife is a beautiful Chinese. Take good care of her and make her live happily. You are really a lucky man.
Feb 19, 2012 19:59
  • BLEMISH
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

Haha, I see. Your wife is a beautiful Chinese. Take good care of her and make her live happily. You are really a lucky man.

That`s what she keeps telling me, that i`m lucky hahaha
Feb 20, 2012 21:18
Quote:

Originally Posted by BLEMISH

That`s what she keeps telling me, that i`m lucky hahaha

Next time she tells you are a lucky man, you can ask her "Don't you think you are lucky to find a good husband?"

Blemish, she is lucky to marry a good husband too Do not tell her that I said this to you.
Feb 21, 2012 06:54
  • BLEMISH
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

Next time she tells you are a lucky man, you can ask her "Don't you think you are lucky to find a good husband?"

Blemish, she is lucky to marry a good husband too Do not tell her that I said this to you.

You are very funny.....I won`t tell her you said that. hahaha
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why do you come to China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code