Menu
My Experience with www.12306.cn
Jan 15, 2012 01:40
guestLily I need to tell first that 12306.cn is the official web of The Ministry of Railways of The People’s Republic of China. This web has just begun to sell railway tickets not long ago. I was at first very happy about the news, but it turned out to be a ‘disaster’ for me and my friends.

On the day when my ticket from my working city to my hometown is available, I asked several of my friends to open their computers and buy the tickets on the site www.12306.cn for me together (more people means more chances to success. I was worried the tickets would be sold out in minutes once available). But a few of my friends cannot open the site at all. (We found out later that it was because of the browser.) Several of my friends did go into the web, but the speed of access to the webpage was so slow. (I supposed it was because there were too many visitors at that time). Two of my friends survived to book the ticket, but the webpage of one friend didn’t allow her to pay. I almost turned mad at the time. Every year, it was a difficulty for me buying the ticket around the Chinese New Year. I really didn’t want to pay additionally for the damn tickets. Fortunately, the last friend successfully bought the ticket on-line and paid for it. Then the bad news came again. The ticket hadn’t been issued even my friend paid for it. I really turned mad at that time. I then angrily phoned them and got the answer that there was something wrong with their system and they were right then dealing with it. Later, I read from the news that the website www.12306.cn was crash because of the unexpected overwhelming visitors and the tickets fares would be returned to those who had paid on-line but got no ticket. My dream of later issuing rather than refund was broken. By the time of writing, I heard the problem about the 12306.cn has not been all solved. Next year, I think I’ll still buy through phone, although the chance of success is little. Their web www.12306.cn is not reliable at all.
Jan 15, 2012 03:50
GUESTDAVE Poor guy, Spring Rush itself is a 'disaster’! Avoid traveling by train in China during Chinese New Year holiday.
Jan 18, 2012 02:11
  • BBQQ
Lily, I had the same experience. Last night, I tried to book the return tickets for my friends via that website. I tried more than 3 times to log in my account. After login, I searched to find the trains my friends. It was successful. Then I entered the required information and submitted my order. I sat there and kept entering the codes and submitting my order. More than 40 minutes later, I finally submitted my order. But it was difficult to pay for the train tickets. It was too slow even than a snail.

If I had a chance, I would ask the minister of the Ministry of Railways one question “Have you prepared very well before launching online train ticket booking service?”. It said that the ministry had spent a lot of money finishing online train ticket booking service system. I wonder if all the money was spent on the project.

Just a few days ago, the ministry admitted that it underestimated the volume of the passengers who buy train tickets online. I think that it has already learnt a good lesson. It’s time to do your best to improve the online booking system.

I heard that a new online booking system would be built in the future. Just hope that it won’t drive me crazy again.
Jan 21, 2012 00:27
Faint! Buying train tickets on 12306.cn is more difficult than winning a hug jackpot of 5 million yuan. I sat in front of the laptop and tried to submit my order for at least 3 hours. But I still failed to buy a ticket.
Post a Reply to: My Experience with www.12306.cn
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code