Menu
Will you let your children play professional tennis?
Feb 4, 2012 00:25
  • KATRINA
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 3 vote(s)
  2. 2 vote(s)
  3. 1 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Chinese people are very proud after Li Na won the 2011 French Open. But most Chinese parents won’t let their children play tennis because it is too expensive and difficult to cultivate a successful tennis player.

The former coach of the China’s women tennis team said that it took at least eight or ten years to grow up as a professional tennis player. Regardless of the rewards, the total investment is about 4 million yuan. It is impossible for an ordinary Chinese family to make so much money.

On the other hand, many Chinese parents won’t let their children play tennis because they won’t let their children get through the hardships. With 4 million yuan, they can send their children out to continue further study abroad or buy a very large house to improve their living conditions.

What is the situation in your country? Is it also very expensive to cultivate a professional tennis player? Will you let your children become a professional tennis player?
Feb 8, 2012 02:46
  • CHERRY07
I will bring him to play tennis if he only plays it for fun. But I don't have money to make him become a professtional tennis player. It is too expensive.
Feb 10, 2012 01:05
  • KEVIN0518
If he/she is very talented, I will do whatever to support him/her.
Feb 10, 2012 13:29
  • MARK_81
yes why not I love the sport!
Feb 10, 2012 13:48
  • MARK_81
Let me just add that I feel children competing in sports like tennis for example is almost always a positive! it keeps kids busy and gives them a healthy sense of competition and achievement and even if a match is lost getting back up and trying better the next time!

this goes for other learning too like learning to play the piano for instance it doesnt have to be sports but tennis is certaintly a good place to start! I know I played since I was 8 years old! lol
Feb 10, 2012 20:25
  • BBQQ
MARK_81,

Badminton, table tennis and tennis are good for me. But soccer, basketball and other sports require body to body clashes are not my favorites. I am afraid of getting hurt. I participated in tennis when I was in college. It is really difficult to play.

Post a Reply to: Will you let your children play professional tennis?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code