Menu
To stop extracting bile from the bears even though it is not “harmful”?
Feb 15, 2012 22:00
  • MARRYMAX
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 39 vote(s)
  2. 5 vote(s)
  3. 3 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
A traditional Chinese medicine company intends to go public but the environmental and other NGO organizations and celebrities including Ma Yun stand out and oppose that the company shouldn’t go public. Why? The traditional Chinese medicine company extracts bile from the bears.

According to the China Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 153 sorts of traditional Chinese medicine will disappear and more than 10000 workers in the bear farms will lose their jobs if the bile extraction from the bears is forbidden. The CATCM also claims that the modern advanced techniques of bile extraction is not harmful to the bears.

The NGO organizations including Animals Asia Foundation do not believe what CATCM says. “The bears we saved have miserable experiences of bile extraction. We have noticed that the modern advanced techniques are used to extract bile from some of the bears we have saved. The lesions do exist in their galls and other organs. It is definitely harmful. We are unaware of whether the bears raised by that TCM company are healthy or not. However, all bears we have saved are sick. I hope that I will be invited to visit the bears in the farm owned by that TCM Company. Let them prove to me that the bears are healthy.”, says a leader of the Animals Asia Foundation.

PS: The reporters visit a well-managed bear farm in Fujian and take some pictures.

1 The bears enjoy their free time.
2 The cages used to extract the bears’ bile.
3 The worker lures a bear into the cage by putting a bowl of milk mixed with honey.
4 The worker picks up bile from the bear.

Last edited by MARRYMAX: Feb 15, 2012 22:00
Feb 16, 2012 00:21
GUEST22452 It is very cruel to extract bile from the bears no matter it is harmful or not. Do we figure a way to create something that works like bear's bile?
Feb 17, 2012 02:50
GUEST34422244 A bastard official of the CATCM said that the bears feel very comfortable when extracting biles. It's just like turn on and turn off he tap water.

I suggest that we use the same advanced technique to extract bile from him. Then let him tell us whether it is comfortable or not.
Feb 19, 2012 09:42
  • CARLOS
Only yes, I think no comments needed.

Carlos
Feb 20, 2012 21:04
We are not bears. How do we know if it feels painful? Maybe, this advance technique can be applied to humans. Then we can tell whether it is painful or not. Anyone who would like to try it?

I think the guy who said it wasn't painful should be the first one to try it. Let him tell us whether it is painful or not.
Feb 25, 2012 01:19
  • KMGUIDE
It should definitely be forbidden. Because of the extremely high profits coming from bear bile products, tens of thousands of bears are torturing from the twice-a-day extraction in the company and other bear farms. The cold-blooded liars will be punished one day for what they are doing to the bears.
Mar 4, 2012 22:05
  • GRIZ326
I extract bear bile here in Montana. The bears feel no pain. I'm a good shot!

Bear bile is an important part of traditional Chinese medicine. I support and believe in Chinese tradition. When the Chinese reject their traditions without interference from the west, that will be fine by me.
Mar 22, 2012 01:07
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by GRIZ326

I extract bear bile here in Montana. The bears feel no pain. I'm a good shot!

Bear bile is an important part of traditional Chinese medicine. I support and believe in Chinese tradition. When the Chinese reject their traditions without interference from the west, that will be fine by me.

Griz, did you shoot the bear to death and then extract its bile? It's dead so that it feels no pain.

A traditional Chinese medicine expert says that we should forbid human organ transplantation if we stop extracting the bear bile. Why? We extract bear bile to rescue humans. So does human organ transplantation. Those who donate their organs also feel hurt. To protect them, we should stop human organ transplantation.

Do you think his words are reasonable.
Mar 29, 2012 22:42
Jimmy,

His words are nonsense. People who donate their organs are willing to do it. But the bears have no choice. Talking about organ transplantation, there aren't enough organs. Thus, some people illegal get the organs and sell them on the black market. It's another problem.
Apr 3, 2012 16:48
  • WANHU
In the name of science and helping human race, scientists do many things, including killing animals. Is it justifiable? Always two sides of a coin.
Wan
Apr 4, 2012 22:22
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

In the name of science and helping human race, scientists do many things, including killing animals. Is it justifiable? Always two sides of a coin.
Wan

Yes. What if a new method is applied to extract bear bile? I mean the bear can not feel any pain. Will people still try to stop extracting bear bile?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: To stop extracting bile from the bears even though it is not “harmful”?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code