Menu
What is your favorite kind of transportation during the journey?
Feb 29, 2012 01:09
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 75 vote(s)
  2. 40 vote(s)
  3. 19 vote(s)
  4. 16 vote(s)
  5. 21 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Personally, I prefer to travel by train or bus because it costs less than plane. Sometimes, I take taxi in cities. As a foreigner, what type of transportation do you prefer when you travel?
Feb 29, 2012 16:51
  • BLEMISH
I prefer plane because I know i`m leaving Britain for somewhere nice. In China I prefer the train so I can see outside. The bullet train from Wuhan to Guangzhou is amazing.
Feb 29, 2012 22:46
  • SQUIRREL
I would prefer plane,since I live in guangzhou and I have had the expericen of train, it is too much crowd,and take a long time that I can't stand. When I am travelling, I want more comfortable during my journey.
Mar 1, 2012 22:08
Quote:

Originally Posted by BLEMISH

I prefer plane because I know i`m leaving Britain for somewhere nice. In China I prefer the train so I can see outside. The bullet train from Wuhan to Guangzhou is amazing.

I haven't been to any other country so far. In China, I just traveled by train and bus. Didn't take a plan yet.

Blemish, sometimes I would rather choose plan rather than bullet trains. For example, the airtickets from Beijing to Shanghai are cheaper in low season, almost the same as the bullet train tickets. In this situation, I would take plane instead or train because it saves time by plane.
Mar 2, 2012 03:20
  • BLEMISH
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY View Post

I haven't been to any other country so far. In China, I just traveled by train and bus. Didn't take a plan yet.

Blemish, sometimes I would rather choose plan rather than bullet trains. For example, the airtickets from Beijing to Shanghai are cheaper in low season, almost the same as the bullet train tic...

I took the bullet train for the experience. It was so smooth, like a plane. Even in side was like a plane.
Mar 2, 2012 20:53
Quote:

Originally Posted by BLEMISH

I took the bullet train for the experience. It was so smooth, like a plane. Even in side was like a plane.

I just took bullet train several times and haven't taken the plane. I'll check it out which way is more comfortable in the future.
Mar 2, 2012 21:08
  • DODGER
I prefer to travel by car during my holidays. I like the independence of being able to stop at any time when I want too if I pass something interesting.
Last summer I drove from Beijing to Kashgar. A round trip of about 1100 km.
I could have taken the easy option and just flown in, but then I would have been just like any other tourist.
Dodger.
Mar 2, 2012 21:52
  • JIMMYB
Train and public bus are ok. But I can not take long distance bus because I am carsick. What a shame!
Mar 7, 2012 05:02
  • SWATISHARMA
I prefer trains and buses because i don't travel long distance journey. So trains and buses are comfortable for me.
Apr 5, 2012 21:13
  • WANHU
I prefer something cheaper, suitable and faster, so it can be plane, train, car, taxi or even on foot. From Hong Kong to Shenzhen for example, I'd prefer train or car simply because using bus I need to get down to stamp my passport and board the bus again.

I have tried bullet train in Japan, and high speed train from Tianjin to Beijing that took only 30 minutes. Sometimes flight is cheaper than train and faster too. I flew from Beijing to Kunming for example than cost me less than RMB500 by Hainan Air. From Xi'an to Shenzhen it's only RMB550 while soft sleeper train is more than RMB600 and will take almost 30 hours.

Wan
Apr 14, 2012 02:05
  • RAINDROP
My rule is "the cheapest transport mode is the best". Why? Save the money for next trip.
Post a Reply to: What is your favorite kind of transportation during the journey?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code