Menu
National Museum of China formally opened to the public on Mar. 1, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 00:27
  • CHARLOTT
After a year’s trial operation, National Museum of China was formally opened to the visitors on Mar. 1, 2012. The tourists can visit the museum for free. However, they have to get the entrance ticket at the ticket office of the West Gate with their valid identification including ID cards, passports, military officer or solider certificate and student cards.

Opening Hours: 09:00-17:00 (closed on every Monday)
Mar 7, 2012 09:49
  • VANESSAZHONG
I really love such good news! Thanks for sharing.
Mar 13, 2012 03:59
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by VANESSAZHONG

I really love such good news! Thanks for sharing.

Vanessa, I am back from Beijing. It's not a good time to visit Beijing in March. Why? Two important sessions are held in the Great Hall of the People. The security guards are everywhere at the Tiananmen Square. My parents and I were checked more than 3 times before we accessed to the Forbidden City.

National Museum is located next to the Tiananmen Square. There are many security guards too.

Mar 14, 2012 05:17
  • VANESSAZHONG
Every March in China is busy holding the Two Sessions. As the capital of China, Beijing is one of the most popular places to travel. Not only the Chinese, but also the friends from all over the world. It keeps busy all the time.
Mar 15, 2012 01:21
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Every March in China is busy holding the Two Sessions. As the capital of China, Beijing is one of the most popular places to travel. Not only the Chinese, but also the friends from all over the world. It keeps busy all the time.

Right, it is busy. But I am saying that the security has been doubled than ever. You can see police, armed police and plainclothes polices are everywhere. I was terrified at the beginning.
Mar 15, 2012 07:10
  • VANESSAZHONG
I have seen such cases somtimes, especially in 2008. After the earthquake, many governers from central government lived in the Jinniu Hotel which was not far away from my house. And the Chengdu-Dujingyan Express nearby is the fastest way to go to the disaster area. We always saw many armed policemen patrolling everywhere.
Last edited by VANESSAZHONG: Mar 15, 2012 07:13
Mar 16, 2012 03:58
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

I have seen such cases somtimes, especially in 2008. After the earthquake, many governers from central government lived in the Jinniu Hotel which was not far away from my house. And the Chengdu-Dujingyan Express nearby is the fastest way to go to the disaster area. We always saw many armed policemen patrolling everywhere.

2008 Earthquake killed many people. It's horrible. My hometown is very far from Wenchuan. But my parents felt the earthquake. Luckily, heave damage wasn't caused.
Mar 17, 2012 02:43
  • VANESSAZHONG
No people in Chengdu was killed in the earthquake happened in 2008. But it was still horrible. Especially when I watched the news, for the first time, I felt I was too close to death.
Mar 20, 2012 02:12
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

No people in Chengdu was killed in the earthquake happened in 2008. But it was still horrible. Especially when I watched the news, for the first time, I felt I was too close to death.

Yes. We are far away from Wenchuan. But my parents and I still felt the earthquake. My parents weren't as scared as me because they experienced the Tangshan Earthquake. I didn't say they were in Tangshan. They just felt the Tangshan Earthquake.

It's the first time I had encountered the earthquake. When it happened, I even didn't know what to do. Horrible!

Vanessa, people who have similar experience like you will cherish their lives and do their best to live happily. Life is too short.
Mar 20, 2012 08:07
  • VANESSAZHONG
So I am always enjoying my life. And thanks god give all I need to me.
Last edited by VANESSAZHONG: Mar 20, 2012 08:09
Mar 20, 2012 20:48
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

So I am always enjoying my life. And thanks god give all I need to me.

Life is too short. That's what we should do, Vanessa. By the way, do you believe in Jesus?
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: National Museum of China formally opened to the public on Mar. 1, 2012
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code