Menu
Belle Gourmet
Mar 19, 2012 08:56
  • DAVEC
I am lucky enough to be able to get Phoenix tv here in the UK, my favourite program is the cooking with Belle Gourmet.
My level of Chinese is poor so I can only go by what I see and recognise during her 10 minutes, do you know if there is an English translation or recipe for the food she cooks?
Mar 20, 2012 01:22
Sorry, Davec. I would help you if I could watch Phoenix TV in Xian. Even your wife can not help you with the recipe?
Mar 20, 2012 03:44
  • DAVEC
She cant always translate, she is not so familiar with some of the ingredients. Maybe thats my chance to learn more Chinese
Mar 20, 2012 20:51
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVEC

She cant always translate, she is not so familiar with some of the ingredients. Maybe thats my chance to learn more Chinese

Dave, you really need to open a restaurant. Please do not waste your talent in cooking food.
Mar 21, 2012 12:49
  • DAVEC
I need to find a big list if you know of such a one, that has all types of food written in Chinese,pinyin and English. Nice bar of chocolate for anyone who can supply me a list :)
Mar 21, 2012 21:08
Quote:

I need to find a big list if you know of such a one, that has all types of food written in Chinese,pinyin and English. Nice bar of chocolate for anyone who can supply me a list :)

Ok, I will try to search them for you. Wish I was lucky to get your chocolate.

By the way, I haven't seen new photos shot by you. Are you too busy to take photos?
Mar 25, 2012 15:19
  • DAVEC
Have been ill recently, been in hospital twice and have to go back again for an operation. Not been in the mood for photos, just cooking :)
Mar 27, 2012 03:34
Quote:

Have been ill recently, been in hospital twice and have to go back again for an operation. Not been in the mood for photos, just cooking :)

Poor Davec. I hope you will recover very quickly. I haven't taken photos recently. Like you, I am not in the mood. Sometimes, I feel that I can not control a DSLR. It is much more difficult to use a DSLR than a digital camera. I feel a little disappointed.

I read the book you sent to me sometimes. I have to admit that the photos are amazing. But I am not inspired and fail to find out how to improve my skills.

I bought some books written by some top photographers too. They tell much about basic things like how to use light and how to compose. It seems easy to understand but I can not put them into practice.
Mar 31, 2012 04:42
  • DAVEC
When I come back to China I will take you out for some photo help, maybe I can give you some ideas
Mar 31, 2012 04:51
Quote:

When I come back to China I will take you out for some photo help, maybe I can give you some ideas

Glad to hear this, Dave. As reward, I will treat you with some Xian local flavors. Deal?

I checked my hard disk and found that photos taken by my P5100 are much better than those taken by D90. That's why I am so down. I even can not figure out where I did wrong.
Apr 6, 2012 05:36
  • DAVEC
The best photos are not always taken on the best cameras, it depends on who took the image and how.

I have won photo competitions with images taken on secondhand cameras that cost me less than £90 or 900rmb.

I have attached a new photo that I have photoshopped, tell me what you think, it is very much not my style but I like it.

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Belle Gourmet
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code