Menu
Belle Gourmet
Apr 7, 2012 01:58
It’s an abstract photo. I just can not figure out how you shot it. I assume that you took a picture of an ice ball which reflected the high building.

Dave, how many awards have you won in photo competitions? I joined two competitions and won nothing. The winners’ photos are all retouched in Photoshop. They look unreal. But the judges love these photos.

I agree that photos can be retouched. But I hate ‘overdone’. To me, photography is to capture exciting moments or something beautiful. Your photos have to reflect the real things you have seen. Sometimes, you see an amazing photo and then made up your mind to see that place. When you get there, you are totally disappointed. Why? The photo you saw was “over done”. It didn’t tell the real thing.
Apr 9, 2012 08:57
  • DAVEC
The photo is a basic shot of some skyscrapers and distorted through photoshop, more art than straight photography.

I am not sure how many awards I have won but none of them were big competition. My best moment was getting a Licentiateship from the Royal Photograhic Society, that is my proudest as I got a certificate and can use the letters LRPS after my name plus my city newspaper did a half page article on me.
Apr 10, 2012 02:08
Well, you really surprised me. I just thought that you took that photo and didn't overdo it in photoshop.

Dave, I have to tell you that photo competitions in China are not good. I have read that many participants faked or composed their photos to win the prizes. How could be these people called photograhpers? It's a shame.

Look at this photo! It was fake. Someone put Tibetan railways and antelopes together in a photo and won a big prize. Later, some people proved that it was fake and the photograhper admitted that he composed two photos together.

Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Belle Gourmet
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code