Menu
Are you willing to be a full-time housewife?
Mar 21, 2012 01:48
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 8 vote(s)
  2. 7 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Previously, only wealthy women have their rights to be housewives because they needn’t share the responsibility to raise their families. However, things have changed in today’s China. Take Beijing for example, more women from those well-to-do families choose to be housewives. They are not very wealthy but they can afford to have a journey every year, go shopping in the supermarkets every week and buy some organic food sometimes. Their main job is to take good care of their little kids.

Do you like a housewlife’s life? If possible, will you choose to be a housewife?
Mar 21, 2012 12:33
  • CARLOS
I´d rather not.

Carlos
Mar 21, 2012 21:20
  • WANHU
Is there part time housewife?
Mar 23, 2012 10:24
GUEST13063
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Yes, there is a "part time hosewife". Of course there is.

Women who work , have a career or run a business are part time housewives, at best. If you walked into their homes, you would know instantly that they were part time housewives: untidy, dirty house, kitchen sink full of dishes, dirty stove and countertop, loads of laundry, messed up beds and so on. On the other hand, they have manicured fingernails.

That doesn't mean that single women, who are not considered housewives, can't be like too.
Mar 23, 2012 20:49
Quote:

As guest said above, there are part-time housewives. According to what I know, many young Chinese girls prefer to lead such a wife. Marrying a rich guy and just be a full time housewife. They needn't go to work but have enough time to go shopping or killing time at home.

Women in ordinary families are different. They have to work to support their families with their husbands. When they are back home, they have to do housework too. They are part-time housewives as well as full time workers. But their husbands also do housework too. They share the house chores together with their wives.
Mar 26, 2012 02:33
  • WANHU
i) How about wife that stays at home, where there are unwashed dishes...
ii) Wife that works become part-time housewife but full time worker?
iii) Husband that helps with house work, becomes full time househusband?

Wan
Mar 27, 2012 03:25
Quote:

i) How about wife that stays at home, where there are unwashed dishes...
ii) Wife that works become part-time housewife but full time worker?
iii) Husband that helps with house work, becomes full time househusband?

Wan

1. The premise is that she needn't work outside. Why? Her husband earns enough money to support their family. In this situation, I guess that they hire a housekeeper to do housework and cook food.

2. Yes. You are right. They have no choice but are forced to become a full time worker as well as a part-time housewife.

3. Not exactly. He is a full time worker as well as a part-time househusband.
Apr 3, 2012 16:58
  • WANHU
A wife that works eight hours in the office becomes a full time worker, and she goes back home and she "works" in her house eight hours becomes a part-time? Just a thought to ponder.
Wan
Apr 4, 2012 22:07
Quote:

A wife that works eight hours in the office becomes a full time worker, and she goes back home and she "works" in her house eight hours becomes a part-time? Just a thought to ponder.
Wan

I didn't say that they do 8 hours housworks after 8 hours work at office. Most ordinary families in China are in the same situation. Both the husband and the wife work to support their family. After work, they both have to do housework. This is life.
Apr 5, 2012 21:51
  • WANHU
Well, I'm just looking for a definition of part-time and full-time
Wan
May 3, 2012 19:25
  • LUCKYVICKY
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY View Post

Previously, only wealthy women have their rights to be housewives because they needn’t share the responsibility to raise their families. However, things have changed in today’s China. Take Beijing for example, more women from those well-to-do families choose to be housewives. They are not very wealthy but they can afford to have a journey every yea...

i would like to share the family burden with my husband.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Are you willing to be a full-time housewife?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code