Menu
Is it a female husky dog or a mother wolf?
Mar 31, 2012 01:22
  • BBQQ
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 89 vote(s)
  2. 143 vote(s)
  3. 58 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Can you tell me whether it is a female husky dog or a mother wolf?

Apr 1, 2012 02:39
  • LAUGH
BBQQ,

how do you know it is a female? I guess you know the anwer, right? Judging from its eyes, I sense that it is a wolf. Didn't see such a husky before because I just saw male huskies.
Apr 5, 2012 21:35
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by LAUGH

BBQQ,

how do you know it is a female? I guess you know the anwer, right? Judging from its eyes, I sense that it is a wolf. Didn't see such a husky before because I just saw male huskies.

Yes. I know what it is. It seems that no one is interested in this. I upload another photo. Can you guess which one is a dog?

Apr 7, 2012 02:11
  • JIMMYB
BBQQ,

The answer is obvious in the last photo. They do resemble each other but there is a loop around its neck. So the second one is a dog. The first one is a wolf.
Apr 7, 2012 07:54
  • ATTA_BUTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

BBQQ,

The answer is obvious in the last photo. They do resemble each other but there is a loop around its neck. So the second one is a dog. The first one is a wolf.

Agreed , second one is a dog
Apr 10, 2012 03:01
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATTA_BUTT

Agreed , second one is a dog

Atta, can you distinguish the wolf from the dog if you do not notice the loop in the picture?
Apr 10, 2012 09:54
  • ATTA_BUTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

Atta, can you distinguish the wolf from the dog if you do not notice the loop in the picture?

Distinguish between the wolf and dog

Although wolves and doges contain similarities in some aspects, but one came across more variations between the two. Wolf is basically categorized only as a wild animal as compared to the dog which is well known house Pet, for the reason that dog was domesticated so they would not act like wolf. Wolves being wild animals are not suited to live with people or to make a close relation like dogs. Unlike wolves, dogs have demonstrated themselves as a good companion and good Pet.

According to Biological classifications, Zoologist and Taxonomist include the wolves in family ‘Canis Lupus’ whereas dogs are placed in family ‘Canis familiaris’ of Kingdom Animalia. In addition, there is a one of the most visible difference amongst both is a variation in physical appearance and structure. The wolf occupies a large body dissimilar to dog that is smaller in size than wolf. Muzzle of the wolf is also founded to be longer as compared to most of dogs.

When it comes to compare their legs, the wolf comes with longer legs, larger feet and a wider cranium than the dog. Wolves are well recognized hunters but a dog lacks this specialty because of its domestication. Wolves are much physically powerful than dogs. Despite the fact that wolves and dogs have the equivalent number of teeth, the differentiation is definite. The teeth of wolves are adapted for hunt. Unlike the dogs, the wolves have stronger molars, which help it to crush largest bones. Wolves include specific teeth used for holding onto their prey. Dogs can feed on dog food/kibble while wolves are carnivores and they need raw meat.

Wolf is considered to be cleverer than the dog and wolves are more conscious of their surroundings than the dogs. Dog barks while a wolf only howl , however dogs easily learns to howl and wolf can only make a sharp muffled sounding bark but wolves rarely do this.

Apr 10, 2012 09:55
  • ATTA_BUTT
Read more: Difference Between Wolf and Dog | Difference Between | Wolf vs Dog http://www.differencebetween.net/science/nature/difference-between-wolf-and-dog/#ixzz1rdbSwlr6

Apr 11, 2012 02:19
  • JIMMYB
Atta, thanks for telling me so much about dog and wolf. When I was a little boy, my parents told me how to distinguish a dog from a wolf. The wolf has its tail on the ground. But a dog's tail usually sticks up.
Apr 14, 2012 01:59
  • RAINDROP
Jimmyb,

The eyes are totally different. You may feel cold when you see into a wolf' eyes. The dog's eyes are different. You do not feel horrified when you see in to its eyes.
May 1, 2012 05:55
  • ATTA_BUTT
BBQQ voted for " Can't tell." on Mar 31, 2012 22:55
I would like to raise a question here. Why she said" can't tell??
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Is it a female husky dog or a mother wolf?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code