Menu
The Giant Pandas Have Diarrhea Now!
Apr 18, 2012 01:23
  • VANESSAZHONG
The cute pandas are having touble with diarrhea. Most panda babies are weaned by the time they are about 6-8 months. So if you come to Chengdu Panda Base at this week, you couldn't find many babies playing in their playground because they are put on drips inside. Of course, you could not have the chance to take photo with them too. As I know, that condition will last at least one week.
Last edited by VANESSAZHONG: Apr 18, 2012 01:27
Apr 18, 2012 22:26
Really bad news! How could they suffer from the diarrhea together? Is there something wrong with their food?

Good luck to the baby pandas!
Apr 18, 2012 23:44
  • VANESSAZHONG
It's nothing wrong with their food suplied by workers. Traditionally the baby pandas in captivity are weaned at 6-8 months old. From then on, they will have the milk mixed by panda keepers. So their mothers could have enough time to breed new babies. It's the main reason. It happens every year durethis period.
Apr 19, 2012 03:04
Vanessa,

I see the keepers tried to deprive the pandas of mother milk. So they can not get used to mixed milk and suffer from Diarrhea? Did the baby pandas behave like young babies when they are deprived of mother milk?
Apr 19, 2012 04:18
  • VANESSAZHONG
Yes, it seems like that. After they are trying to be weaned, the keepers will leave a panda mother to the babies. The other mothers are moved to somewhere else. During this season, you will see one panda mother is playing with a lot of babies in the playground. The babies could learn practical techniques from their foster mother.
Apr 19, 2012 22:21
Vanessa,

You seem to know very much about the pandas. Where did you get the knowledge?
Apr 20, 2012 01:24
  • VANESSAZHONG
Have you forgotten I am a guide in Sichuan? Most people people travel in Sichuan Province, there are only two aims, especially the Japanese. One is Jiuzhaigou Valley, the other one is giant pandas, the national treasure of our country. That's why I know a lot about giant pandas. Even more, I did a volunteer job for 3 months at Chengdu Panda Base when I just graduated from university just because I wanted to have a opportunity to get close to our national treasure. During that period, thanks to the workers' help, I have got a lot of knowlege of giant pandas.
Apr 20, 2012 03:16
Ok, ok, vanessa. It's good to know much about the pandas. With much knowledge of pandas, you will give excellent service to your clients. Then you will be well paid, right?
Apr 20, 2012 05:51
  • VANESSAZHONG
Right, hehe...and tips too.
Apr 20, 2012 21:28
Quote:

Originally Posted by VANESSAZHONG

Right, hehe...and tips too.

That's good. Good service, good income. You deserve that.
Apr 21, 2012 09:51
  • VANESSAZHONG
Thanks.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: The Giant Pandas Have Diarrhea Now!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code