Menu
Happy Mother's Day!
May 12, 2012 21:57
  • SUNNYDREAM
Mother's Day falls on the second Sunday in May. This year, Mother's Day falls on May 13. Thirteen is not an auspicious number. However, Mother's Day is auspicious.

How do you celebrate Mother's Day, buy your mom a present or a bunch of flowers or take her to have a nice dinner together?

My mom has a very simple life. She won't agree to let me do things above. By the way, I am far away from home. Thus, I will call her and wish her "Happy Mother's Day".
May 14, 2012 15:13
  • WANHU
I hope those who still have moms, to serve and respect them, do things that will please them. It's just a fond memory of my mom as she has passed away last December at the age of 95. Happy belated mother's day to all moms out there.
Wan
May 14, 2012 18:02
GUEST13063 Wanhu,
Now we all know how old you are...
May 14, 2012 21:14
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan, I am sorry that it reminds you of your mom. I do not stay with my mom because I work in another city. Sometimes, I shout at her when I talk to her via cellphone. She keeps silent for a second and tells me "Take care" and then rings off. Then I feel regretted.

May 15, 2012 08:52
  • WANHU
Guest13063, I'm number 9 from a sibling of 10. Sunnydream, I also stay about 600km away from her and not easy to see but I never failed to call her every week. My elder brothers and sisters live not far from her. We never realise how important she is (was) until she is no longer with us. Try to cherish and appreciate with what we still have.
Wan
May 15, 2012 08:55
  • WANHU
Guest13063, maybe I'm old enough to be your grandpa or young enough to be your younger brother. Haha
Wan
May 16, 2012 02:24
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan,

I have made up my mind to get rid of my hot temper. My parents have done their best to raise me up. It's time for me to take care of them now.
May 16, 2012 09:15
  • WANHU
Reduce your temper. Please remember that you're now here because of them. No one can change our attitude but us, so Sunnydream you have made a lovely choice to treat your parents well. I hope they are always proud of you.
Wan
May 17, 2012 01:34
  • SUNNYDREAM
Thank you, Wan. Each parent is pround of their kids no matter their kids have achieved great success or not.

My parents always tell me that they do not expect I earn too much money. They just hope that I work and live happily.

I will try to reduce my bad temper and come back home more frequently to see them.
May 17, 2012 10:11
  • WANHU
That is lovely. Mother's Day is not only for us to celebrate, but to think and respect our moms where ever they are. Think what we can do for them, although will never be the same as how they cared for us, but at least we try to do our best to care and love them. My late mom never asked how much is my salary, but she felt happy when I called her and asked about her health. She never failed to remind me to help and respect others, and sometimes to do good deeds while never expect anything in return.
Wan
May 20, 2012 02:11
  • SUNNYDREAM
Thank you vey much, Wan. I know what I have to do now. If possible, can you tell me if you ever say "I love you" to your mom. I am too shy to express my gratitude to my parents.
Page 1 of 10    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Happy Mother's Day!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code