Menu
Happy Mother's Day!
May 27, 2012 06:37
  • WANHU
Although both parents have gone, I still have a few brothers and sisters in my hometown. It's good to be back there but I am still skeptical of my future retirement plan, should I stay here in the city or back to my hometown. I have five elder bothers and three elder sisters that stay in my hometown.
Wan.
May 28, 2012 03:32
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan, I would retire and stay on my hometown. Haven't you heard of a Chinese saying "Luo Ye Gui Gen"? It means "Fallen leaves return to the roots".
May 28, 2012 09:51
  • WANHU
Probably, but from my observation the knowledge we may have, will fizzle away because we become leaves. Look at those retirees and pensioners, they no longer have academic discourses, majority of them will sleep and eat and look after they grandchildren (if they have).

We also have an old saying: like an eel returns to the mud.

Wan
May 29, 2012 04:39
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan,

Don't you think it is good for them? They have been busy before retirement. They deserve a comfort and lazy life when they retire. The retirees in China do look after their grandchildren. It seems that they enjoy it very much.
May 29, 2012 06:12
  • WANHU
Yes, may be you are right. But I'd prefer a different set of life. Besides with my grandchildren, I'd like to share and relate my life experience, especially with young students whom some of them may be the leaders of tomorrow.

When you were a student, did someone tell you what subject should you major? Most of the time students take majors that they never plan. Once I asked one of my contacts in China, why do you take International Business English as your major? She replied, many of my classmates take that major -- later works as a salesperson, slaving herself to enrich others; and lonely may add, for foreign companies. She gets 7000 per month while her Taiwanese counterpart gets 20000 per month, doing the same job.
Wan
May 29, 2012 10:39
  • WANHU
Lonely with capital L
Wan
May 30, 2012 01:27
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan, it’s good to hear that you care about young guys very much. I chose my major on my own. Now I regret that I chose Business Administration as my major. My friends and classmates who studied science subjects earn more than I do. Your major decides your income and even your future.
May 30, 2012 08:33
  • WANHU
Still not late to rectify, dear Sunnydream. You can apply for another major for your postgraduate.
Wan
May 30, 2012 08:39
  • WANHU
Age is never a barrier.
Wan
May 30, 2012 22:45
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Still not late to rectify, dear Sunnydream. You can apply for another major for your postgraduate.
Wan

Honestly, I have a plan to recharge myself but do not put it into practice. I have too many excuses. After work, I told myself "I am too tired and I will do it tomorrow." Next day, I will tell myself again.
Page 3 of 10    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Happy Mother's Day!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code