3. 5 vote(s)
  4. 3 vote(s)
  5. 2 vote(s)
  6. 3 vote(s)
  7. 5 vote(s)
  8. 0 vote(s)
  9. 0 vote(s)
  10. 14 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
There are some major airlines in China, including Air China, Eastern Airlines, Southern Airlines, Hainan Airlines, Shandong Airlines, Shanghai Airlines, Shenzhen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines and Xiamen Airlines.

I do not travel on business very often. Thus, I do not have many opportunities to fly and taste the airline meals.

What about you? If you once took flights opened by the above airlines, did you have a chance to taste the airline meals? What do you think of it?
May 21, 2012 02:28
Hello,
Well, if you were comparing airline food to a cafe, of course it won't be as good since it is reheated food. Is like comparing a frozen food pack to cafe food. Of the airlines mentioned in this article, I have not been on Ethiad. I would have rated Emirates to be the best, ahead of Singapore airlines.

May 21, 2012 05:58
  • WANHU
So I suppose Etihad is under the none of the above category. Different airlines provide different food I guess. Raindrop is asking about the food served on China airlines, and I can't comment much because I only used China Southern, Hainan, Shenzhen and Eastern. Most flights are short distance, such as Beijing-Guangzhou, Shenzhen-Xiamen-Yiwu, Beijing-Kunming. I am sure with long haul flights the food must be different, like Kuala Lumpur-Narita by either ANA or JAL, Singapore-Heathrow, etc.

I have used Qatar Airlines, Gulf Air, Etihad, Biman, PIA, BA, Luftansa, Qantas, Thai Airways, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, Saudia, MAS, AirAsia, Garuda, SIA, etc. I think the best cabin crew will be MAS while the food depends on individual preferences. I like Italia than Turkish Airways. Food on MAS flight to Heathrow is much better than SIA.

Wan
May 21, 2012 19:39
  • APAULT
This is not the important question for me, it's price, second most important is price, third is....yeah you got it. If I want a good meal I'll go to a restaurant, so the budget airlines that charge extra for food are ideal....I simply don't eat until I arrive.
May 21, 2012 22:08
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by PINKIJAIRAWAT

Hello,
Well, if you were comparing airline food to a cafe, of course it won't be as good since it is reheated food. Is like comparing a frozen food pack to cafe food. Of the airlines mentioned in this article, I have not been on Ethiad. I would have rated Emirates to be the best, ahead of Singapore airlines.

I haven’t been abroad. But Emirates does offer better food than other airlines. Except Emirates Thai Airways is also good. I have seen many photos of the food offered by Thai Airways.
Jun 1, 2012 03:12
  • MONUMANI13
According to me Air China offer best food...
Jun 8, 2012 02:11
  • RAINDROP
I tried only Air China and Xiamen airlines. Food on their plane are both acceptable for me. Air China is a little better, but seats of Xiamen airlines are comfortable, with enough room to stretch my legs.
Jun 8, 2012 02:17
  • WANHU
Raindrop, it depend on what type of aircraft they are using. The bigger the aircraft, the better.
Wan
Jun 13, 2012 03:17
  • RAINDROP
Yes, you are right. In China, most airlines use mid-size aircrafts. Here is the real experience, those with the higher price of ticket provide better service. One of my workmates once booked a small jet with very cheap price, the aircraft was bumpy and no food provided at all during the way to Yinchuan. It is really a memorable trip for her.
Jun 13, 2012 11:23
  • WANHU
From which airport to Yinchuan, Raindrop? Sometimes for short distance, the airline just offers a glass of juice only.
Wan
Jun 13, 2012 21:22
  • RAINDROP
It is a small aircraft of Eastern Airlines from Xian to Yinchuan, a propeller one. They also had a layover in t Guyuan, Ningxia province, at a very small airport with no other plane. All passengers only got a bottle of water.
Last edited by RAINDROP: Jun 13, 2012 21:25
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Which airline offers the best food?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code