Menu
'A Bite of China’ VS ‘China Food Security’
Jun 4, 2012 02:42
  • CHERRY07
Recently, a Chinese TV documentary called ‘A Bite of China’ has gained its popularity in China. The 7 episodes documentary mainly introduces Chinese local specialties, snacks, staples, seasonings and some typical dishes.

To be honest, I am mouthwatering when watching this documentary. However, my excitement is totally gone when someone reminds me of the food security in China. The swill-cooked dirty oil, formaldehyde sprayed cabbage, pork containing lean meat powder and other contaminated foods always warn us China has a long way to go to ensure its food security.

Episode 1: The Gift of the Nature
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRHNa9qdtlw

Episode 2: The Story of Staple Foods
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCgYUKPNCug

Jun 6, 2012 01:19
  • WANHU
I used to watch Martin Yan's series. The old one was Wok with Yan.
Wan
Jun 7, 2012 04:07
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

I used to watch Martin Yan's series. The old one was Wok with Yan.
Wan

I searched in google to seek some information about this guy. He is a famous cook as well as a successful businessman. He runs a chain of restaurants and a cooking school in the USA.

Maybe I'd like to find some videos and see how he teaches cooking.
Jun 7, 2012 04:23
  • LAUGH
I have finished this 7 episodes documentary last week. They are so great and I wait for the English version now. There is no single word in them to doubt the food security. Even they give long episode for gammon, Pickled vegetable and stinky To-Fu. Anyway, the documentary is a success. many food make me mouthwatering.
Jun 7, 2012 08:37
  • WANHU
Yes Cherry, now I think he's back in China.
Wan
Jun 7, 2012 08:44
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHERRY07

I searched in google to seek some information about this guy. He is a famous cook as well as a successful businessman. He runs a chain of restaurants and a cooking school in the USA.

Maybe I'd like to find some videos and see how he teaches cooking.

Cherry, Martin Yan is an international figure now. He has his shows not only in the US but also in the Philippines, Vietnam, etc. Recently he visited his home city Guangzhou. You can get a lot of his cooking on youtube. Some friends in china managed to view youtube.
Wan
Jun 10, 2012 01:46
  • CHERRY07
OK,

I think I need to ask someone to help me watch Youtube because it is forbidden in China.
Jun 10, 2012 12:44
  • WANHU
Not only youtube but also facebook. Yet my friends in Shenzhen use facebook often.
Wan
Jun 10, 2012 22:05
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHERRY07

OK,

I think I need to ask someone to help me watch Youtube because it is forbidden in China.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Not only youtube but also facebook. Yet my friends in Shenzhen use facebook often.
Wan

I know how to visit Youtube, facebook and twitter on my smart cellphone. You have to use a proxy.
Jun 11, 2012 10:16
  • WANHU
Cherry you may ask Lonely how to surf.
Wan
Jun 11, 2012 20:44
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU View Post

Cherry you may ask Lonely how to surf.
Wan

Thank you, Wan. I will ask help from Lonely. Sadly, I do not have a smartphone. I'd like to see if Lonely can help me watching videos on my laptop.
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: 'A Bite of China’ VS ‘China Food Security’
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code