Menu
Love locks!
Jun 6, 2012 02:21
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Wow, so many locks? Are you curious about it? Actually, these are Love Lock. In Chinese culture, lovers believe that if they put the Love Lock with their names on in a place full of nimbus, they will be in love forever. Although there is no foundation for this, it cannot stop lovers from doing so. For them, it is not only a sincere prayer, but also a forever promise to their lovers. These locks are set at the Jade Emperor Summit of Mount Taishan. In addition to Love Lock, there is also Safety Lock, from which people pray for safety for themselves and their families.

Jun 7, 2012 08:56
  • WANHU
I believe it's good to have hope(s), to love and be loved. I thought Mount Taishan is in Taishan but is in Shandong. I wish to visit it one day.
Wan
Jun 7, 2012 23:13
GUESTDAVE Mt. Taishan is located in Tai'an City of Shandong Province.
Jun 8, 2012 08:53
  • WANHU
Thanks Dave, I take note.
Wan
Jun 9, 2012 22:59
Haha, I wore a unique and delicate silver lock when I was a baby. My mom told me that wearing a lock could expel evil things and keep me safe.
Jun 10, 2012 13:31
  • WANHU
They said evil things are afraid of silver? In Western movies we see how they kill the blood sucking evils with silver bullets.
Wan
Jun 10, 2012 21:49
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

They said evil things are afraid of silver? In Western movies we see how they kill the blood sucking evils with silver bullets.
Wan

Haha, my mom doesn't know about vampires. The evil things she referred to are ghosts. The lock has another meaning, that is, wishing I could live as long as I can.
Jun 11, 2012 11:02
  • WANHU
What happens to that lock, Lonely?
Wan
Jun 11, 2012 21:01
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

What happens to that lock, Lonely?
Wan

It was lost when we moved to our new home 17 years ago. You might not believe it but I really remember how it looks.
Jun 15, 2012 03:57
  • ENID
expel evil things ?? It seems that there are lots of choice. I bought a wolf's fang last year when I visit Qinghai.
Jun 15, 2012 14:42
  • WANHU
What's the fang for Enid?
Wan
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Love locks!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code