Menu
Test: Can you do a good job in the college entrance examination?
Jun 11, 2012 02:33
  • JIMMYB
In order to test Chinese students’ Chinese, they are required to write a composition. Usually, a paragraph of material is given. After reading the material, they need to write a composition above 800 characters based on their understanding of the material.

Would you like try to write a composition based on the following material? This one is regarded as the most difficult in this year’s college entrance examination.

Material:

There is a ladder in the corner of the workshop. In order to avoid the workers being hit by the ladder, someone put up a banner beside the ladder, saying “Be careful when passing by the ladder. It might fall down. ”

A couple of years has passed and none of the workers has been hit by the ladder. One day, a client comes into the workshop for a visit. He notices the banner, stands there for a second and then suggested that the banner should be changed into ‘Please place the ladder on horizontal when it is not in use.’

What does the material suggest? Can you write a composition based on this material?
Jun 20, 2012 21:25
Jimmy, what about this?

In this morning, I see a ladder leaning against the wall when I cross the road. Suddenly, I come up with an idea "What if someone gets hit by the ladder when it falls down?" Then, I put the ladder on horizontal, turned around and left. After I walked about 30 meters, I heard someone shouting behind me " *** ! Who moved the ladder? How could I get down?"

Jun 21, 2012 01:06
  • WANHU
No need for him to shout, Lonely. He could jump and put the ladder back climb the wall and walk down by that ladder safely.
Wan
Jun 24, 2012 03:50
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

No need for him to shout, Lonely. He could jump and put the ladder back climb the wall and walk down by that ladder safely.
Wan

Sorry, it is a bit high from the ground. If he dare jump, I am sure that he needs to stay in hospital for some time.
Jun 24, 2012 10:58
  • WANHU
It's just an old joke, Lonely
Jun 26, 2012 03:16
Quote:

It's just an old joke, Lonely

Yes, many students thought it was difficult to write a composition based on this material. But there are some smart netizens who write something to have fun.

What I wrote is translated from a netizen's 'composition'.
Jun 26, 2012 22:14
  • WANHU
I write a lot of articles in English but i don't have editor, so i just keep them in my hard drive. I'm thinking of taking early retirement soon, and start writing seriously, but not easy for a general worker to write books, not even a historical fiction.
Wan
Jun 27, 2012 23:10
Wan, it doesn't matter if you can not write books or fictions. Take it easy. You can take writing as your hobby.

We are not novelists or writers. We do not have to write great works. Instead, we write for fun.
Jul 3, 2012 13:34
  • WANHU
But no one publishes. If published we can share the fun.
Wab
Jul 4, 2012 21:39
Quote:

But no one publishes. If published we can share the fun.
Wab

We can share the fun even it isn't published. Wan, I have taken a lot of photos and one of my photos won prizes for me. But I still share my photos and communicate with other people who like photography on line.

Taking pictures is my hobby. I do not expect that I can be a photographer but I do feel happy when I take pictures and share them with others.
Post a Reply to: Test: Can you do a good job in the college entrance examination?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code